ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a wee problem?

Mercedes C200,Clio R.I.P.
i have a rubbing noise coming from my front passenger side wheels apart from the obviouc rubbing at full lock as it is lowered 60mm and on 17" wheels. The noise gets louder as i go faster and also if i turn to the left, strangley though when i make a right turn the noise disappears completely.

I dont beleive it to be the bearing, buti have been wrong in the past.

If anyone else has had a simlar problem like this or can give me some suggestions then please do reply soon as.

Thanks

Paul

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
itll be the wheel rubbing on the inside of the arch probably. mine do this 16's standard height.

no its not ive checked this already.

a work colleague has suggested it could be caused by the brake discs warped....any truth in this?

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^Ditto what chas says. Could be an array of problems tho...That cars been banged more times than a taxi door!

im thinking wheel bearing but i dont want it to be lol

And it aint that bad Ali, it's in better shape now more than ever!

Doyle

it'll be about a tenner to get it pressed i rekon

and i SHOULD be able to fit it eh?

MK1 Clio 16v
You sure it's not the wind/air blowing the arch liner closer to your wheel as you build up speed? That'll make a rubbing noise..

cliokiz said:
You sure it's not the wind/air blowing the arch liner closer to your wheel as you build up speed? That'll make a rubbing noise..

but it disapears completely when ii turn right.