ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A weird one - indicators gone crazy!

Clio 182FF
Had a weird one this morning. When I indicated to turn right they flashed and clicked way faster than normal but indicating left was at the normal speed. After I finished my journey and the engine had been switched off, the problem vanished!

My dad said it can sometimes mean you have a blown bulb, but all the bulbs are fine. Any clues what this was all about or what might have caused it? I am puzzeled! :S

Edit: Searches also suggest bulb but my bulbs are fine!!!!!

Clio 182FF
I did replace my rear clusters last night with the standard renault ones, I will check them tonight.

Clio 182FF
I don't think it will be the earth, but seeing as I swapped the lights out I'm guessing something might not be hooked up tight enough.

Last edited:
  Evo 8 MR
If you are sure that all bulbs work it will probably be a simple case of removing and then refitting the problem bulb and any that you have messed with recently. If it persists try replacing it with a new one.

Clio 182FF
If you are sure that all bulbs work it will probably be a simple case of removing and then refitting the problem bulb and any that you have messed with recently. If it persists try replacing it with a new one.

Will do, thanks. I did change to those silver vision indicator bulbs last night and caught one of the other bulbs in the holder with my finger. Maybe it's about to blow? You aren't meant to touch them with bare hands is that right?

Will do, thanks. I did change to those silver vision indicator bulbs last night and caught one of the other bulbs in the holder with my finger. Maybe it's about to blow? You aren't meant to touch them with bare hands is that right?

No, the oil on your skin can leave a deposit which then heats up as the bulb heats and can cause it to crack or break. If you only caught it with your finger though can't imagine it would be a problem.

Clio 182FF
Update - the problem seems to have vanished. I'm guessing the car just really really wanted to turn right.

M

mini-valver

A bulb is either blown or not.

You'll probably find that the holder isn't quite pushed onto the bulb at the front or the rear connections are mentally rusted. Earth fault would bring another light on at the same time, dimming both.