ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AARGH! mytyres.net = F**KERS!

As some of you may have read earlier this week, mytyres.net were doing Toyo Proxes for about half the price they normally are. So, seizing the bull by the horns, I ordered a set of 4 in 17" and 2 in 15", as I figured they werent going to be that cheap again.

Today, I get a phone call. Apparently there are no Proxes available for 8 or 9 weeks. And apparently the system cancels orders after 4 or 5 weeks. So, what theyre basically saying to me, and whoever else has ordered them, is "tough sh*t, you cant get them for that price. How about you cancel them and re-order later at a higher price? Or you can get 5% off any other tyres." Woopty-f*cking-doo.

Now, I have a receipt in the form of an email, and Ive printed the order numbers off the end screen of the ordering form. Surely, therefore, I am legally obliged to have the tyres at the price Ive ordered them for?

ANGRY ANGRY ANGRY :mad: :mad:

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Yes legally you have a right to buy the tyres at the advertised price *unless* there was a terms and conditions avaliable to you before time of sale.

I would complain and say you may contact trading standards for advice.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Sorry to say you are only legally entitled to the tyres if they took the money from your card.

Hmm. Next stage of action:

Read Terms and Conditions.

Phone Mr Plastic to check the transactions.

Phone Citizens Advice / Trading Standards.

GRRR!! and GRRR Again!!! :mad:

Cheers for the advice all.

Hang on, not too sure about the legality issues etc but I know Dixons or someone similar advertised a digital camera for sale on the net for a daft price like a fiver, all these people bought one and Dixons [or whoever it was] had to give it to them at that price and it should have been 500 quid, Id of thought you are entitled to the tyres at the price agreed ?? Again Im no expert at all but Ive heard of things like this a couple of times !!!

Mike

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by mike on 30 May 2003

Hang on, not too sure about the legality issues etc but I know Dixons or someone similar advertised a digital camera for sale on the net for a daft price like a fiver, all these people bought one and Dixons [or whoever it was] had to give it to them at that price and it should have been 500 quid, Id of thought you are entitled to the tyres at the price agreed ?? Again Im no expert at all but Ive heard of things like this a couple of times !!!

Mike
They probably had their credit cards debited there and then so they were entitled to them at that price.

it happend on another big site too kodak or somthing.. they too had to honour the agreement.

amazon made a c**k up like that to, that was the best working in currys, u cud see when there was a mistake on the system, i remember zelda 64 when it first come out being 99p lol, i did have a few and a streering wheel and pedals, decent ones for £15

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

similar thing happened to me. I found a website with Sony Vaio laptops for £80. ordered a load and the money was sort of floating but not taken from my account. got an email 3 weeks later saying over 10000 people had ordered and the price was wrong. so unless the money has gone from your account you might not be able to do much.

Money gone from my plastic.

Quotes from Delti.com (mytyres.net back-up company or something):

"Offers are not binding. ... Due to the supply situation on the tyre market, we must include the right to forfeit delivery, in which case your statutory rights will be respected Your order

translates into an offer, which we accept on delivery. If we cannot deliver at the stated time, we will immediately return all advance payments. ... Products in stock are shipped by Delti.com Ltd within 7 days. In exceptional cases, the delivery time is extended to 30 days. If the delivery time exceeds 30 days, the customer will be notified by email. ... The company Delti.com Ltd reserves the right, in case a product is not available, to deliver a comparable product or to cancel the order. "

Great.

Did they not want any customers or something? :mad:

if the price is wrong on the website, e.g £5 instead of £500, the company dont have to honor the price. Amazon had pocket pcs for about £50 or something instead of £450, and loads of people ordered, but amazon didnt by law have to send them the devices. But then, they hadnt charged peoples credit cards.

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Yeah I dont believe that either! They just want you to cancel the order so they dont have to honour the price! I dont beleieve that their system cancels the orders either.

What serious retailer would cancel orders automatically!!!! Me thinks not!!!

Ring them and tell them the you dont want to cancel and your happy to wait or you will post on every motoring forum (probably their biggest customer base) that they are con artists! :D

Ive said that Im happy to wait 30-40days to see if they turn up. But from what Ive read on Scoobynet, some people have already had emails cancelling their orders.

B*stards.