ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abarth 595 competizione

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
So the Mrs got rid of her Legends blue one in November and collected this new model.
How her old one looked before we put it back to standard for trading it in.

18406800443_e616e4c3f9_c.jpg

And the new one when she collected it, this colour is called Podium blue.
23059940726_f2425c2728_z.jpg

22667589938_ff0ed5c8d2_z.jpg

23097201201_656459de52_z.jpg

23072348122_9063dbe986_z.jpg

22667620597_82f4b535a4_z.jpg

Didn't take long at all for the changes to happen, pretty much as soon as we got it home.

12224144_947229932019358_789952763_n.jpg

12224309_179034235778878_643764949_n.jpg

Then the Bilstein B14s went on
12311217_10153711922662698_1348357409626528661_n.jpg

Then some 10mm spacers, tracking done and also jammed the exhaust valve open permanently. Took it down to EFI for a rolling road, only had 1000 miles on the clock but made pretty much book figures. Up on torque slightly. 179.4bhp and 216 ftlbs.

23114489293_d7634b91b4_c.jpg
[/url]

23715176766_d88ae9d325_c.jpg

23658947071_08cf189552_c.jpg

23113149164_5834e443b5_c.jpg

23510540290_4ba7bb5668_c.jpg

Thats it for now, got a splitter coming from Canada for it for her xmas present, should be the only one in the UK. And in January it is possibly going in for the grey stripes removing and yellow ones fitted and to have the rear of the Sabelt seats wrapped in a clear protective vinyl as they are painted the same as the outside trim pieces and when someone gets in the back they always scuff them. Will also get round to properly cleaning it and giving it some Cquartz protection.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Looks awesome mate!

Those are healthy figures as well!

What you done with the old white rims?

Thanks, yeah its pulls really well even compared to her old mapped one. Looking forward to tuning this one a little. Should do 200bhp, 275-300 ftlbs without much hassle.

Everything was sold off mate, sold the 4 white wheels and eibach spacers as a set. Only left the fmic and the map on for trading it in.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I would love one of these, but would be scared i'd look a bit daft. 😅
Looks amazing tbh!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks, yeah its pulls really well even compared to her old mapped one. Looking forward to tuning this one a little. Should do 200bhp, 275-300 ftlbs without much hassle.

Everything was sold off mate, sold the 4 white wheels and eibach spacers as a set. Only left the fmic and the map on for trading it in.

What made you leave the fmic on? dude..

300ftlbs sounds appealing !

Peugeot 207 GTi
Love these. My Mrs has got one, albeit the 160bhp competizione.

So much fun, only problem is the seating position is a little high for my liking

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
What made you leave the fmic on? dude..

300ftlbs sounds appealing !

It was mapped for it on so thought as the map was staying it was best to leave it. Plus the fmic cost us nothing as it was the development car and I was lazy and couldn't be bothered to refit the oem twin intercooler setup lol.

It does, seen one make 201 bhp and 275 ftlbs. Bet its goes like a stabbed rat!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
It was mapped for it on so thought as the map was staying it was best to leave it. Plus the fmic cost us nothing as it was the development car and I was lazy and couldn't be bothered to refit the oem twin intercooler setup lol.

It does, seen one make 201 bhp and 275 ftlbs. Bet its goes like a stabbed rat!

I'd have probably taken it off, but I know where you are coming from.

I've considered messing about with mine, but seeing as I only use it for work..

That looks amazing!! I loved her previous one & you guys are bang on it again, it looks so nice!! :cool: I'd leave the stripes in grey tbh.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I preferred the light blue one. Why did that one get sold?

The other half wanted the new blue colour, the fancy Sabelt seats, 4 pot brembos, tft colour dash and the garret turbo. And an offer come along that we couldn't refuse really. Her trade in sold in just over a week at the garage so they got a good deal out of it as well.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Dare I say it, I prefer the old colour too, new one is a lovely car though.

Heard one of those go passed me the other day when I was parked up at the side of a road and it sounded amazing. Not sure what mods it had mind you!

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Dare I say it, I prefer the old colour too, new one is a lovely car though.

Heard one of those go passed me the other day when I was parked up at the side of a road and it sounded amazing. Not sure what mods it had mind you!

They sound so good. One passes me quite often and it pops and crackles all the time :tongueclosed:

Ph1v6, ph1172,abarth
Love the colour, nearly went for this colour when I got mine but couldn't be bothered to wait for it to be built. Looks well smart.

Listerine & Poledo
Old blue looked more Retro, suited the Faux500 better... in my worthless opinion.
Lack of leather confuses ;)

Give it hell

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
I really like these, they seem like the next best seller over the years after the Clio 172/182's..

There's stacks on the roads, but it's because they looks awesome.. I'd love one, but really need a misses so I can pretend it's not mine baby...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I prefer the new colour, the old one was too light, perfect for a girl in fairness.

That looks amazing! properly cool little Hot Hatches, the Torque seems really impressive from a 1.4 Turbo. Bet it's just as quick as the Fiesta ST's, Corsa VXR's and so on.

I like that fact you kept the FMIC and Map on the previous one, someone will get a fast Abarth that's safe.

Do these have the Sports Seats? Salbelts or something like that ?

Last edited:
  Peugeot 207 GTi
That looks amazing! properly cool little Hot Hatches, the Torque seems really impressive from a 1.4 Turbo. Bet it's just as quick as the Fiesta ST's, Corsa VXR's and so on.

I like that fact you kept the FMIC and Map on the previous one, someone will get a fast Abarth that's safe.

Yeah they've got sabelt buckets

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Love it mate.

Ive driven my sisters convertible 500 and liked it. Would love to drive one of the faster ones.

Wonder how it would match the Mini. ;)

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I out dragged a new ST this morning, impressive as my 595 is completely standard, full tank of fuel and a boot full of sh*t.

I imagine if you put a few £ in to one they'd go really well.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Old blue looked more Retro, suited the Faux500 better... in my worthless opinion.
Lack of leather confuses :wink:

Give it hell

Leather would of been nice but it was a £1200 option and all you get is 3 patches of leather and the rest is alcantara.

I really like these, they seem like the next best seller over the years after the Clio 172/182's..

There's stacks on the roads, but it's because they looks awesome.. I'd love one, but really need a misses so I can pretend it's not mine baby...

Yeah it reminds me of a modern day version of my 172/182. Haha I feel a little less girly driving this dark blue one.

Yeah be interesting to see it compared against the rest, it is quite nuts. Standard boost seems to peak around 1.7 bar and it holds 1.4/1.5 bar right through the gears on the boost gauge.

Yeah Sabelt seats are standard in this model, will put a photo up.

Love it mate.

Ive driven my sisters convertible 500 and liked it. Would love to drive one of the faster ones.

Wonder how it would match the Mini. :wink:

I'm over that way a lot :tonguewink:

Listerine & Poledo
Leather would of been nice but it was a £1200 option and all you get is 3 patches of leather and the rest is alcantara.
I..errrrr.
Nope, still can't wrap my head around it. You're already flipping £16k on a FIAT 500, may as well do the job properly ;)

(I just never buy cloth seated cars, just an issue of mine, like a weirdo)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
You must have got one of the last manuals?

They are all still manuals unless you spec the MTA box.

I..errrrr.
Nope, still can't wrap my head around it. You're already flipping £16k on a FIAT 500, may as well do the job properly :wink:

(I just never buy cloth seated cars, just an issue of mine, like a weirdo)

Haha that is a valid point! I would call the mrs tight but this little shoe box was almost 20k! 😂

Listerine & Poledo
Exactly.
If only they did a proper gearbox in them. Mind, I guess they're a different pitch than the abarth. More of a cruiser (for a city car) than a track toy (for a road car)

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
@Lal B3N really? I was told all the new Competizione's would be MTA's and 180 brake by a dealer...

Yeah really mate. MTA still an option. Manual won't be going anywhere on these models.

Most of the dealers are halfwits in this brand it seems, a bit like how Renault sport went lol.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah really mate. MTA still an option. Manual won't be going anywhere on these models.

Most of the dealers are halfwits in this brand it seems, a bit like how Renault sport went lol.

In that case, they're helmets :)

Do you find the sabelts give you more leg room?

Clio 172
Missus has a 595, I f**king love it!! The TFt screen is such a nice touch.

She went for the cordolo red too, looks beautiful in the right light

Ph1v6, ph1172,abarth
I went for the leather sabelts but as said not much leather on them

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    980.5 KB · Views: 162

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Kind of wish I'd have got one of these.

Podium blue Sabelt backs would look great.. As well as the dash colour coding.

Tan leather sabelts would have made this car IMO.