ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS and brake problem

Mk2 1.6
Recently the ABS and SERV lights have been coming and going. The ABS has been kicking in at very low speeds in the dry when I apply the brake very gently.

Also over the last few days driving ive noticed that it almost feels like the brakes are applying themselves on and off (quite softly - not sharply) when just rolling along.

What are peoples opinion on this and possible suggestions to help?

Thanks

Take the wheels off and check the ABS ring, it's toothed and sits just behind the brake discs. Chances are one of these will be broken or cracked. You will obviously need to get it replaced and the part number is 7700867344 (for 26 teeth, i've failed to find one for 44 teeth). :)

Last edited:
  Mk2 1.6
Havent checked the pads and disks within the last month, but they are relativly new so hopefully they should be okay, will check them though soon to be sure. Im assuming its the ABS ring with 26 teeth that will be needed for my clio?

Havent checked the pads and disks within the last month, but they are relativly new so hopefully they should be okay, will check them though soon to be sure. Im assuming its the ABS ring with 26 teeth that will be needed for my clio?

You'll have to have a feel of the ring yourself, try to count the teeth, or check the one on the other side.