ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abs and ESP lights

Clio 182
Hi everyone,

I changed my mk2 steering wheel (which had cruise control) for another mk2 (which doesn't have cruise control)

Everything is connected correctly, but as soon as I turned my 182 on, the ESP lights stays on, and when I start driving, my ABS light goes on.

Any ideas of what could it be?

Cheers

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Steering angle on squib might need resetting. Oem wheel or aftermarket? Check it has the notches on the wheel/boss that turn the squib.

Clio 182
Steering angle on squib might need resetting. Oem wheel or aftermarket? Check it has the notches on the wheel/boss that turn the squib.
It is actually another mk2 steering wheel, changed it because mine was horribly used haha

Cheers

ABS light normally doesn't come on with an offset steering squib just the ESP light, tuning off traction control. Sounds like an ABS ring or sensor as the ABS light only comes on once the ABS CPU starts to pick up the sine waves from the moving reluctor ring(s).

Check for a build up of fine metal shards on the ABS sensors and clean, also check all 4 reluctor/ABS rings for damage or corrosion.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Prob worth scanning it with clip and see what codes are stored. Will give you an idea where the fault is.