ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Fault - Boing Noise

Clio 172 Ph1
I have a 172 ph1 track car.

I'm getting a "boing" noise from the ABS when I come to a halt. Brakes are working fine and I'm not getting the "boing" when applying the brakes, or when in motion, just right at the end when I am almost stopped or completely stopped.

Was on track day on Friday and was breaking heavilly and ABS wasn't kicking in, hopefully becuase I was just above the threshold, then late in the afternoon, with the same pedal pressure it was juddering like mad as it does when it kicks in.

I have had a look at all the ABS rings on the wheels and they all look in good condition, no damage or serious corrosion or heavy rust etc.

I am not getting any ABS light or any other lights on dashboard. I am gonna replace the front offside sensor cable as a precuation as the outer casing is a bit damaged. The others all look good and no damage at all.

The car is lowered on Leda's.

Dont have an OBD11 reader to check codes

Any ideas ?