ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abs kicking in

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Today I have felt a bit of a flutter through my brake pedal when on rough ground at low speed. I was approaching a zebra crossing on the high grip surface and tried to slow for some pedestrians. I went right through it with the pedal pulsating.

No warning lights on the dash and on smooth ground the brakes work perfectly.

​any ideas?

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
On the drive home the abs light and Serv light came on.

I have no abs and the brakes are working fine. I will be looking at it in the morning.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Ok the front passenger abs sensor wire is broken. Snapped right where it goes into the sensor.

Where do I get a replacement, what sort of price and how do I replace it???

​Cheers

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
They can be an absolute bugger to remove. Can be quicker wanging a new hub on it ime

If I totally disconnect the broken sensor will it affect anything apart from the lack of abs? Just thinking I may as well try removing it before buying a new one.

If I have to replace the hub, what sort of price would I be looking at and what does it come with/do I need?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
No it would stay just the same as it is now.

2nd hand hubs don't cost much, circa £20 from memory. Being a ph2 you have the same bolt spacing as ph1, all ph2 and non cup 182s which should make it easier to find one. Just get one with a working abs sensor and preferably a bearing but don't stress about the bearing too much.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Well that's tomorrows task sorted.

Do you have any tips for removing the abs sensor? I have read a post from Fred which suggested they don't come out without damage but obviously not bothered about that as if it does come out then im replacing it.

Cheers

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I find silicone spray helps but getting them out intact is as much luck as it is a skill.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
well well well,

The bolt came out pretty easy actually. Will the sensor budge? nope!

I have smashed it up with a hammer and various screwdrivers, the majority of the sensor is removed. However, the bottom section appears to have to come out the underside between the abs ring and the hub. Is this correct? how do I remove the rest? Im now in a position where the bottom half of the sensor is right up against the abs ring and I cannot rotate the wheel.

Do I need the hub off to get the sensor out?

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Done, Hub off and 16mm drill bit cleaned it out nicely. Anyone know what sort of price for a new sensor is? Or does anyone have a working one for sale?

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
I see, We have had the place for 5 years now so maybe saw you before.

Feel free to do that mate, put a face to the name.

mad in general

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 phase 2
Hello again,

Still not bought a new sensor yet. I went to Unipart and they quoted £54 +vat for a bosch one. Part number BSH0265006383.

Can anyone advise me if this is the correct sensor and if its a good price?