ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Light Help

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Please help im at my wits end!

Can anyone please advise on the following.

About 6 weeks ago I replaced my rear discs on my clio 1.5 dci 100 with Mintex (MDC1997) off ebay £40 inc bearing and abs rings! I replaced them as I had a noisy wheel bearing that hummed, although it did not have any play in it.

Happy days fitted them and all was fine until I went over 50 mph. ABS light comes on, brakes dont feel nowhere near as good as they did before I fitted the new discs, I get pedal biting on and off and the abs kicks in too early.

I have inspected all sensors and abs rings and they are all fine. (have not checked the gaps between abs ring and sensor does anyone know the value).

The only difference is the amount of gaps on the abs ring of the new disc is 48 and on my old discs is 44. I am 99% sure that this would cause the error. I have plugged it into my mates diagnostic tool it shows interference and does not specifically say a sensor.

I have rung the company that sold me the discs and they are sure they are correct for the car, they have spoken with Mintex who are blaming an abs sensor but I find it far too much of a coincidence that the fault appears after I replace the discs.

Do you agree with me and my local Renault technician who said the same that this could be the fault. I don’t want to shell out any money until I am sure of it.

If it is then does anyone have any rear abs rings that have 44 ‘gaps’?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

DCI100 / 211hp MK1
Not to worry this is sorted now.

The plum that I spoke to relayed to Mintex Technical support that I was on about holes in the disc and not the teeth or gaps in the abs ring. Luckily he rang them again after I spoke to him saying that the Renault technician agrees with me and they have confirmed that there should be 44 teeth. As a good will gesture they are now sending out a replacement set of discs and pads (with 44 teeth) so now I have a spare set of rear discs that I can knock the ABS rings off and use on the track car.

Happy days! Hopefully this one is finally put to bed!