ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS light

Clio 172
Bought my clio 172 today, and driving it before the (ABS) light came on the dash (I had drove roughly 100 miles before it came on), rang the lad and asked had it come on before and any idea why it has, he had no idea, so... what could it be?

Think it could do with brakes but I am gettin them sorted Monday possibly and the handbrake does come up quite high, dont know if this is the norm. Any ideas? :(

kic

former 1.2 16v, now corsa
cracked ABS ring, dodgey sensor, or i think on the rs the CV boot clip falls under the sensor but dont quote me on that.

mine was cracked rings, as soon as the car goes above 40mph the light would come on, but below 40 the light would be off but the ABS would constantly kick in when not needed

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
i had this happen last week on my dynamic, that and the service light, faulty ring, ended up having to replace the driveshaft due to them not being able to get a spare for 2 weeks but was under warranty so in the end only paid £20 to have it fixed