ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS PROBLEM. HELP!!!!

My cars ABS seems to be kicking in all the time, but the strange thing is, is that it does it quite badly when i first start her up and drive, then after about ten minutes its not that noticeable. It vibrates through the brake pedal.

Does anyone rate green stuff brake pads good, as these may be causing the problem, as people have commented on them being crap when cold.

Anyone please help?????

are you sure its the abs as it would be accompanied with teh screeching of tyres.

A vibration through the pedal could be disc run out or pad deposit high points.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

you will always feel a pulse through you brake pedal on first start up due to the computer does a self test of the solenoids+pump in the valve block.your problem sounds like one of your wheel speed sensors isnt reading correctly.

My car is 94 model, so not sure if it is the same as the Cup, but i also thought it could be some kind of sensor. I have had the ABS checked properly on a machine in my local Renault garage, and it picked up no fault, but the machine tested the car whilst it was standing still, so do you think the ABS should be checked again in a different garage whilst the car is moving ( as this can be done as i have checked)???

I have had new front and rear discs put on, green stuff pads on grooved discs on front and plain renault pads on back. I have been told that the rear discs arent in very good condition, but i dont see how the vibrating throught the pedal would come from that, as it would be more of a screeching noise than a dronning one.

How can i check if it is the wheel sensors not reading correctly???

Please help, it is really annoying me now