ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS ring

2005 182 CUP
Hi,

Im looking at getting new rear disc's with bearings, but they come without ABS ring. Is it easy to transfer the old one to the new setup.

Many thanks

Vaxhall Zafira
I think you need to heat them up to get them off, would have thought it easier to buy a disc with the ABS ring on to be fair.

2005 182 CUP
Theres a seller on bay with 2x brembo discs with the bearings already pressed in, 4x Mintex pads for £85 quid. Would I be better off buy ones with ABS ring already in?

182 Trophy
Hi,

Im looking at getting new rear disc's with bearings, but they come without ABS ring. Is it easy to transfer the old one to the new setup.

Many thanks

Just to add to this, i used my old ABS rings on a set of new rear discs. I used a bearing puller to get them off along with some WD40 and a wire brush to get most of the rust off first. Be carful to pull it off evenly as i did bend one slightly (straightened it in a vice)

Then I used some copper grease to apply it to the new disc and it went on very easily. All in all a 10 minute job, just be careful not to snap them.

2005 182 CUP
Just thought I'd update - I managed to get 2x Rear disc with bearings pressed and ABS ring and a set of rear pads for £106 from GSF - included CS discount :approve: