ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS sensor on a clio 172 sport >>>>>

Clio 172 + 4 others!
I damaged this when changing the wheel bearings the other day,
Now my ABS light is on!!

my questions are >>

1) If i replace it will the light go out? or does it need to go to renault?

2) will a NON sport fit it?? i.e. Dynamic, dci, billabong etc?? or are they different?

ive only just got my 172 so dont know if the same rules apply but having replaced one on my honda before selling it once i had put the new sensor on and disconnected the battery for ten mins the light was out and ABS worked fine again....i would have thought the sensors are the same on other clio's too but not 100%

try 2nd hand breakers for one, i saved myself 150 quid doing that

burt

I damaged this when changing the wheel bearings the other day,
Now my ABS light is on!!

my questions are >>

1) If i replace it will the light go out? or does it need to go to renault?

2) will a NON sport fit it?? i.e. Dynamic, dci, billabong etc?? or are they different?

There are different types of sensors depends on age etc.

Just replace it and the light will go out.

SLK 350
My NSR sensor got damaged somehow last year, needed to be replaced but the car was under warranty, think the sensors are £46 a piece or something.

Worth disconnecting the battery, but make sure you have the radio code handy...I didn't. Oh and try cleaning it up with an old toothbrush and some degreaser.