ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS, SERV, STOP, (!) help!

Hey guys and girls!

Recently hit a huge pot hole in the road on the front left of my Clio 1.4 Dynamique. This obviously made a very loud bang crash etc.

Then the ABS light came on with the Serv light. They are both nearly always on, and when they aren't (usually just pulling off in first, when I go to brake the car makes a terrible grinding noise and doesn't brake properly, once the lights come on again this goes away.

Then going along the A1 the Stop light came on along with the handbrake warning light. I pulled over, when I turned the car back on they went out.

Since, the ABS and serv light issue is still there. Any idea what is broken and making that grinding noise? How much it will cost? And anywhere in the North Herts region I can take it to that won't rip me off?

Cheers,

Ross

When it's making the grinding noise, do you get vibration through the brake pedal? If so then you've likely got a broken ABS ring / sensor. First thing I would check.

Yep, it feels like when your on ice and the pedal gives resistance whist grinding when applying preasure to the brake pedal.

Is this costly? I really don't want to go to an offical Renault garage.

Cheers,
Ross

M

mini-valver

Take the front left wheel off and get have a good look around the whole diameter of the ABS ring, if its cracked it will trigger the ABS (The weird pedal feeling you're geting) randomnly. You can get new rings but IMO, just fit a new shaft as pattern parts are cheap from motor factors. I think I paid about £55 a side on my 1.6 which uses the same shafts.

E92 M3
yer my dad did that he claimed off the council it took ages but he smashed his wheel into 3 bits the pot hole was massive

i would say its a broken abs ring

or a lose connextion on the abs ring wire

Yeah...I considered doing that, then I went back to the same spot and the a-hole council had filled it in already!