ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS, TC and serv light on, weird noise

i was driving along dual carriage way when there was a bang (something falling off the car), as this happened the above 3 lights came on but there was no change in the braking.

I turned the engine off and on to see if it cleared the lights, which it did finally, then on braking it makes a weird not quite grinding noise from rear but brakes come on and off despite not coming off the pedal.

Not had the wheels off to look just yet, but is this likely to be a broken abs ring?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Deffo a broken ring that chap... visual inspection needed to confirm but assuming its not damaged anything exiting the vehicle you should be alright fixing this yourself

Cheers mick, turns out it's the front o/s abs ring. Doesn't seem like theres damage to much else but couldn't get the abs sensor out to have a look. It looks like it's pressed on the drive shaft, do you know if I can get a new abs ring or will it be a new shaft?