ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS

Mk2 focus RS
Every time I slow down, right before I've stopped, the abs is vibrating through the pedal, only at around 5mph tops. Definitely not losing traction. Does it in rain or shine.
Does anyone have an idea ? After reading some threads on here earlier, I'm starting to wonder if its got an incorrect driveshaft or perhaps even two. Mines a 182 cup packed car.

2003 Clio 172
check your abs rings on the end of the driveshafts just inside the hub.

they can either be cracked, fully broken, missing teeth or full of loads of crud

the rear brakes have them too but they are a bit more buried but also more protected

j

Mk2 focus RS
Thanks, I actually think it has the wrong driveshaft and ring on the drivers side, the ring on the passenger side is wider. (Its a cup packed car)
I'm wondering if I could change just the ring as its fine apart from that ?

2003 Clio 172
rings are easily changed, replacements just need heated in the over to expand them bud.

2003 Clio 172
see im not sure about that, The main thing i understand is the number of teeth and as long as it is under the sensor there should not be an issue

I would count the teeth on both front and see if there is a discrepancy and i also wouldnt rule out one being broken and not just the

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Cup packed cars have 15mm wide rings, normal ones are 7mm.

Both will work its just difficult getting the thinner rings in the correct position on a cup packed 182.

Mk2 focus RS
Thats very helpful thanks, I'll clean all four up first and if that doesn't work ill try the wider ring.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Got the same problem, popped it on a diagnostic machine to look at live data and 3x abs sensors were showing one reading, the rear o/s was showing a stupid number. Changed that sensor, problem solved.