ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Absolutly Gutted

That's a shitter. Accidents happen, but for him to have a "don't give a s**t" attitude would have really pissed me off!

Wouldn't be suprised if it's written off...

R27, Deep Black
With the fact that he had a stinking shitty attitude i would have freaked out!
Lets just hope you get it repaired.

320d
Accidents happen but to not appologise is just typical of people in this country.

Hope its sorted for you mate, I wouldn't like to say whether it will be written off but it wouldn't suprise me if it was.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
if itd been parked up properly the lamp post would have missed it.
do you park your car with the thought in your mind 'if i park here the lamp post is bound to hit my car if some mindless r****d decides to knock it over?'

somehow i doubt it

Mk2 1.2 Campus
no. but i dont park it in the middle of the road either

It's hardly the middle of the road. It's clear that it's in a corner and not obstructing anyone. As said it's not normal to consider this happening.

Trust Clio Sport to look for something bad to say to him when this has just happened to his car.

Clio 182
makes what happend to my car look so petty! on same day too mate! there aint half some noobheads out there! should of made the cnut lie down on grass n run him over with grass cutter! :D

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
If he's parked nearer the kerb it would have hit more of the car imo. To me it looks like the actual light fitting as hit it and spun round. Closer to the kerb and the concrete bit would have smashed the boot and roof.

Not got a car
Theres nothing wrong with the way its parked.

And yes accidents happen, but that is taking the piss, could the dumbtard not see a 20ft concrete lamp post.

Stupid council monkeys, all councils are a waist of space.

Chill, it was an accident. Not like he poured brake fluid all over it and ran off with your missus.

Next time, try reading the thread.

Feel for you mate, that could go either way tbh, if they decide it needs a new quarter and roof skin that's over £2k worth of work.

Mini Cooper S sport
Ouch, I'd be SO pissed off. I'd have felt like punching the tw@t as well with the attitude he had.

What is it with people crashing into things this week? I watched a bus driver back his bus full of passengers into a garden wall earlier this week. Reversing into a small road because he'd taken a wrong turning was not going to end well.

Titanium 182
If that happened to my car and I didn't get an apology I'd go skitso on them. Not even funny thinking about it.

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
It doesnt matter where its parked, lamposts shouldnt just fall over and thats the councils responsibility to make sure they are safe. If it had fallen onto a small child it would make the local news and they would have their arses suid off.

A4 130
Do you know my Close? No. c**k. It is "properly parked" everyone who comes into the close parks in the exact same place, i have for years and so have my family. GTFO.

Thye guy said he'd phoned his bosses and someone was going to sort the lampost, he didnt i had to phone them especially as it was school kicking out time and lots of kids walk through my Close

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
fekin council monkeys, hope it gets sorted quick,

that roof damage could be just a new skin, but cars do get written off on roof damage.

fingers crossed this isnt the case.

A4 130
Anyone want to find me a mint 172 like that one was (before the lampost) coz i cant be arsed! lol

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
lmao..id be saying the same thing.

would only make my 2 more valuable ;)
going by the quotes from revels are you the man that knocked it over? :rasp: sounds like your arguing the case for the driver haha

williams and trophy
lol. no.

granted, the council guy was a nob for causing the accident. but it was just that......an accident. in the current climate, ins. co.s will try anything to not pay out i would imagine. so maybe they would take into consideration the way the car was parked, yeah, so i dont know the close it was parked on and how ppl park there, but that means s**t if they start bringing the highways laws into things.

If the car was parked closer to the kerb, would the lamp post have missed it?

Also, who's to say he didn't move the car after the event? Straws. Take another one.

williams and trophy
lol. well if hed moved it after the event...damage would be more/none.

as said before, it would have been the concrete hitting it if it had been parked closer to the kerb

but if it was parked further up, sideways to the house it wouldnt have hit it at all

Moot. What if he was just pulling up and it fell on the car? He's insured, and he has every right to be annoyed by what happened. Your point is pointless IMO.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
What are the odds it fell in the direction of your car and hit your car :(

A meter further away and it'd have missed it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If this was me, i'd be hoping it's written off, get £4k off the council,

Buy it back from the insurance for £1k. Spend few £100 making the dent look better, job done.

I defo would not be happy with some nobber doing that though!

iceberg 172
kyle i stripped it today and have taken the windscreen and quarter glass out. its having a new quarter glass though because the seal fooked up taking it out because its capsulated. the roof is now off and quarter section replaced and repaired. new roof on in the morning. you also got a new headlinging out of it too.;)