ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ACCIDENT! Photos Inside!

Renault Clio 2003
Hello,

Had an acciddent about an hour ago, going aroung a roundabout to fast on a wet road, spun out and ended up going onto the grass!

I believe all damage is to the drivers side.

Drivers seat airbag was deployed, how much would it cost to fix this? What's the best way of doing so?

Two wheels also have damaged, front one slowly deflated. Fourtnately I didn't hit anyone else was a very busy roundabout.

Picture below...

1) Is where I entered the roundabout.
2) Is where I lost control.
3) Is where I ended up.

car crash google maps.jpg

I do understand that the pictures below of the car are unclear but if any of you can make out any of the damage, would be apprechiated:

IMG_0008.JPGIMG_0013.jpgIMG_0011.jpgIMG_0006.jpgIMG_0015.jpgIMG_0004.jpgIMG_0019.jpgIMG_0016.jpgIMG_0014.jpgIMG_0009.JPGIMG_0020.jpgIMG_0005.jpgIMG_0017.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0007.jpgIMG_0018.jpgIMG_0010.JPG

Thanks,

Jack.

Rusty Cup
Note to self:-

Fast + Wet = Crash

Gally might be able to shed some light on cost of repair not easy to guestamate. You going through insurance?

1.2 Dynamique 16v
Unlucky mate. I'm sure you will get it sorted.

I made a similar mistake when I was 17 and had just passed my test. Lesson learnt?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not the best eh jack?? lol.

At least you're ok dude.

Does the car drive at all? Those pics are useless tbh as you can't see any damage really. A seat with pre-tensioner is about £60 plus delivery from a breakers, the Airbag ECU (To get it repaired) is £60+ p&p off ebay (New one is £££'s!!) and to get the car plugged in for all the lights to be switched off after its been fixed will be a max of £30. As for body damage etc its a bit hard to see.

Renault Clio 2003
Yeah lesson learnt though, I admit it was my fauly and should of been more careful and should of been driving slower, I have just put the spare wheel on the front, drove up and down driveway, noise coming form the rear how much would wish bone be?

But yeah car does drive just with a noise!

Thanks,

Jack.

172DD Cup
done that on a really tight s bend before in my 205 gti, went flying up the kerb sideways, but no damage! not what you want to hear, but don't worry, karma got me in the end :)

Renault Clio 2003
Wow, not often someone tells the truth about an accident on here....
Unlucky and hope it gets sorted soon.

Yeah, well I could sit and blame other drivers that cut me up but that wasn't the case, just me.

Taking it to local mechanic in the morning will let you know the damage.

Jack.

Jap Box
Been there and learnt my lesson too, managed to roll mine though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I work for a renault clio breakers yard and we have all them parts in stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Stagecoach Ticket
No way near a write off

New front wing - £15 or so

1 Wheel doesnt look like it needs changing just let the tyre down and get all the s**t out re polish and seal the wheel pump tyre up
Other wheel as above £50 with good tyre seen wheels sell as cheap as £15 on ebay

Seat in the air bag is up to you - Can put a new seat in and turn the air bag light off, or get ur mum to sew the seat back up and turn the light off.

Looking at the photos i cant really see the mechanical damage proberly be some kind of drive shaft related damage

I think i could repair that for under £100 even with no mechanical knowledge you will be able to get it sorted for under £300 would be my guess if u source the parts and do the simple repairs yourself

J

Stagecoach Ticket
P.S. That is a guess on the likely damage from your naff photos iam sorry if it turns out to be more so please do not take that advice as 100% fact

Renault Clio 2003
Ended being sub frame and something else I can't remember, it was basically creased! Wheel's were also buckled so a new set of alloys laid my girlfriend £400 back. Back on the road now though!

Jack.