ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accident

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
:( the cup may be no more.

Was pulling out a bad junction near where I stay its on a slight corner, I was half way out when a seat was coming towards me talking to the passenger and hit the back end of my car.

Luckly everyone was ok, I had no witness to prove anything nor say he was speeding what I felt was the case, and because I was entering the main road the police deemed it to be my fault.

Gutted to say the least and shaken up

P100515_124823.jpg

Project thread :http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=490777

14' Leon Cupra 280
Lucky you didn't get the impact on your door, you wouldn't be on here typing this right now I don't think!

Yozz'd up 182
Take all the extras off asap.

coilies and whatever other goodies you have.

100% a write off :(

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Its been picked up and taken to a garage will they allow me to touch it to take the stuff off?

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Aw man thats wrecked! Hope you are ok mate!

Not seen you about in a few months

Aye was thinking the same, shaken up loads and sore head but other than that im fine.

Take all the extras off asap.

coilies and whatever other goodies you have.

100% a write off :(

Its been taken away to a garage will they allow me to take the bits off it? They are all insured like for like.

Mini Cooper S
Unlucky mate, that looks fucked!

They won't let you rip the car apart - unless you put a bit of money their way?

But you should be able to take out audio and personal belongings.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
aye my cd player is out of it already and personal stuff out.

Was a mint cup too

Skoda fabia Vrs
anything other than standard you can take! will deffo be a right off dude..

so do u think it was the other guys fault? just need to prove it which will be hard...

take it this happened in carluke yesterday?

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Happened about 2 hours ago.

So i can go up and rip the coilovers and s**t like that off it? and the insurance wouldnt be bothered?

Well i was coming out of the bottom of goremire road u might know it, he wasnt there so i pulled out but u cant see all the way round he was looking at his passenger and coming along too fast he then noticed me by which time too late, told that to the police and they understand but cant prove it.

Yozz'd up 182
I dont know if you have to leave it as it is for when they inspect it. But before they take it you can rip pretty much everything off it and just give them a shell. Try and make some money back.

You can always accept their offer of buying the car back. If its in mint condition there will still be alot of panels that are useful for someone else.

Depending on what they offer you, you could easily make more money than they are willing to give you.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
You can always accept their offer of buying the car back. If its in mint condition there will still be alot of panels that are useful for someone else.

Depending on what they offer you, you could easily make more money than they are willing to give you.

Yeah I know, just the case of somewhere to split it up etc. Will need to see what they say.

Skoda fabia Vrs
Didnt know it was that soon.. looked sunny in carluke!

I'm gutted for you though m8 always loved 172's a and this 1 was a minter!
Yeah i know the road well!
Do you think you will buy another clio 172/182 or newer?

as far as i aware with insurance i think you can strip the car but i wouldnt know as i have never had to deal with the situation. Only going with what people have told me. Best to ask your insurance company before you touch it to be sure

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
well because its a saturday the ins team is closed but they have a 24 hour thing so called them, need call on monday to get a car sorted.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
Didnt know it was that soon.. looked sunny in carluke!

I'm gutted for you though m8 always loved 172's a and this 1 was a minter!
Yeah i know the road well!
Do you think you will buy another clio 172/182 or newer?

as far as i aware with insurance i think you can strip the car but i wouldnt know as i have never had to deal with the situation. Only going with what people have told me. Best to ask your insurance company before you touch it to be sure

Loved the cup but I got this in June with 15k miles on it, if its written off i wouldnt buy another cup as it prob wouldnt be the same. To be honest I wont be able to insure it without a silly premium i guess.

Skoda fabia Vrs
btw hope you done mind me asking? is the back wheel wrecked? if u did split it etc i would maybe take the wheels..Obv if that back 1 is useable...

love turini's and would like to see what they looked like on the twingo..

and your jms induction kit set-up.. did you take that?

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
the back wheel end up wripped right off and behind my car.

I have no idea what will happen with the car but if i buy it will let u know,

Nah the Jms kit is still in it, as i say didnt have tools or the old airbox to put back on. Any know where I would stand if i went to the garage and swapped things like that?

Skoda fabia Vrs
don't think your insurance would be that massive.. think people just assume that when they make a claim..

i know people with crashes/ bans/ points on there license and still got kinda quick cars at a young age.. (207 thp gti) depends what you think is a silly amount i suppose mate!

Skoda fabia Vrs
They wouldnt have a problem with swapping the airbox.. Just put the old 1 back in. Obv swapping suspension /panels and leaving it without wheels is obv a different story

Corsa Van. Meh.
Looks quite nasty that. Bit of a shitter about who's to blame but your ok which is the main thing!

Don't go touching/removing/swapping anything until the insurance says so. Don't give them any excuse to not pay out.

Rb 182
Don't go touching/removing/swapping anything until the insurance says so. Don't give them any excuse to not pay out.

+1111111111111111111111

Dude as i said on the phone, i've got plenty places to strip it if you go down the road. I dont mind putting in the wrench time either

x

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
+1111111111111111111111

Dude as i said on the phone, i've got plenty places to strip it if you go down the road. I dont mind putting in the wrench time either

x

aye son if they give me a good price we shall buy it back and get it stripped, who knows might get another rs if i can insure it!