ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adams ph1 172 ?

ph1 track weapon
got everything except a swan neck spanner or shock gun to whip off the top mounts. plain sailing otherwise :D

CLIO PH1 172
so rob are you going to lend a hand as well? hope the weathers ok as i dont have a garage.i have most tools but not a swan neck! but it might be worth bringing tools anyway just in case - plus i only have to axle stands it might be worth getting some more

ph1 track weapon
got a jack (althought have no handle for it so if one of you has a spare?) and a full set of tools too, as well as axle stands, so all is well.

lts just hope its not anywhere near as much of a ballache as fitting my solid engine mounts to Nicksons car today was! flip me! a half hour job took 5 hours!!!

cant wait to see your car once we've got her sitting well adam. gonna look bootiful! and also make me sad!

ph1 track weapon
got a jack (althought have no handle for it so if one of you has a spare?) and a full set of tools too, as well as axle stands, so all is well.

lts just hope its not anywhere near as much of a ballache as fitting my solid engine mounts to Nicksons car today was! flip me! a half hour job took 5 hours!!!

cant wait to see your car once we've got her sitting well adam. gonna look bootiful! and also make me sad!

ph1 track weapon
yep, whoever changed it last decided to refit it wrong so it span on the mount, ended up having to take the mounting cage and the actualy mount on the gearbox off both cars!!!!

what jack is yours? a halfords one? if so can i pikey it off you if your jack is broken?

CLIO PH1 172
Right so next thursday the coilovers will be going on I have decided to keep the PR1.2s untill the weather gets better (next year) to put my bsxs on.

Ed are you bringing ur clio up to mine to swap them or are the coilys off the car ? I want to see ur car loi and I presume I can wack my camber bolts in when we swap over no problem I also have rear shims but I might wait until the coilovers settle and I put my new wheels on for them. I really can't wait for these now!!!!!

ph1 track weapon
well if you're doing the shims you'll be wanting to do them before you fit the coilovers as the rear brakes need to come off, and i wont have the time to do all of that on thursday!! plus if you're planning on running it really low you'll realise quite what a pain it is to jack up, so if you can do it beforehand it'd be advisable.

we're having to swap coilovers off mine at the same time yep so you'll be the last person to see my car in all its glory lol i'll fire you a PM later as i need to know where abouts you are etc

CLIO PH1 172
yep thats fine i dont have the time atm to sort out the camber ect.... so thursday we can just swap them over over and i can sort the rest at a leter date il pm you now !

ph1 track weapon
all depends on whether i collect it tho tbh, but with 1 massive whle litre of power it'll take longer to get home than in the 172. plus seeing as robs showing interest in the cades i'd be better off in the clio anyway

ph1 track weapon
i'm finding it hard to part with the poor thing to be honest :( but i need something bigger........ mebbe i'll keep the rolling shell and do something special with it.............

ph1 track weapon
only 48 hours til lows, excited?

also, you need to speak to rob and get his swan neck spanner!

CLIO PH1 172
wow this hasnt been updated in a while

since the last update it now has a fully flocked dash (top,bottom,steering cowl and centre section)

dished omp wrc steering wheel

gaz coilovers

and camber!!!

will get pics up soom but heres a couple of crappy phone ones

IMG00375-20101118-1634.jpg

IMG00385-20101118-1743.jpg

IMG00386-20101118-1751.jpg

IMG00387-20101118-1751.jpg

IMG00380-20101118-1742.jpg

future plans over the winter are

braided lines- got
front discs and pads - got
rear camber shims - got
pait interior white inc cage
sticker bomb battery box and the inside of the roof
and when its better weather put the lenso bsxs on a drop it more!!
also need to sort out a new front bumper, ph2 bumpstrips and bullets
oh and fit carbon front door cards - got

Last edited:
  CLIO PH1 172
30MM each side on the front and 25mm on the rear each side so total track widening of 60mm front and 50mm rear.

i have since had to remove the rear due to them rubbing but a bit of camber should solve this hense i have these sitting on my desk -
IMG_8302.jpg

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
looks awesome! mine needs spaced badly! will do it once my coils are on! :D

CLIO PH1 172
only drove it about 2 miles since fitting them and it seems soooooooooo much better proper point and go! its so flat around the corners now as well, but i suppose the coilovers and arb help this

Qashcow
i found the 20mm rubbing on the rears slightly, with-3 degrees of camber. using 15mm now at the rear

CLIO PH1 172
i found the 20mm rubbing on the rears slightly, with-3 degrees of camber. using 15mm now at the rear

its hard to compare, as wheel off set will change everything as will how low the car is and lots of other things, tyre stretch ect.....

and tbh i think if my arches were slightly rolled or i had a we bit of stretch it wouldn't have rubbed, saying that my lensos are smaller and have stretch so im pretty sure 25mm will be ok i may even need 30mm rear as well.

but what a difference a bit more track width makes! car seems to grip so much better.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Thanks for the info mate, I think i'll go for 30mm each side at the front. My wheels are et37 and i have the 182 cup packed hubs so i'll be even wider then you are i think :)

CLIO PH1 172
to let you know i get slight rub on FULL lock but i thing that might be my brake ducts i need to have a proper look tomorow

CLIO PH1 172
so not allot has happened, but tonight i got some bits dont that needed doing plus a couple of extra things

first i needed to raise my seat abit so i got some spacers off ebay and done that.

i then needed to relocate my fuel cut off switch as since putting the coilovers on every time i go over a bump it cuts out:mad: so drilled a new hole in the bay and done that.

next up was to find why some of my bulbs glew the other night ( speedo front lights and some rear lights) turned out to be some loose plug under the fuse box strange but atleast its sorted!!

then my attention turned to trying to get me front bumper to fit a bit more flush i ended up using a cable tie and loosening the support bar underneath, which has brought it in a bit better.

last job was to start fitting some bits iv bin doing over the last couple of weeks, iv got colour coded ph1 bump strips, sticker bombed badges wing mirrors bullets ...

anyway heres some quick crappy pics to get an idea.....

front.jpg

side.jpg

sidishh.jpg

sidish.jpg

b.jpg

bumps.jpg

frontb.jpg

Disastra Coupe
Loving the look with the spacers. Out of interest, has it caused any problems on the road? Been considering for mine.