ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adams ph1 172 ?

CLIO PH1 172
UPDATE!

just got back from the unit were I do all the work on my car been there since about 3.00, loooooooong !

I was driving to work this morning and my exhaust rubber (in the middle) decided to give up, so untill i get a new one this will do!

old.
f0c35b78.jpg

new. ;)
5bbf5398.jpg

after doing this i decided i would crack on and do some bits iv been meaning to do for ages

i want all my interior sprayed satin black eventually but for now i will just get all the interior i have left, sprayed black to match the seats and dash.

carpet will end up going but first i need to buy my new floor ;)

roof
2db2ddd6.jpg

d3b13f0f.jpg

ca3702ff.jpg

5afb09b5.jpg

e3753ba2.jpg

then i run out.

next up was the camber shims
after braking a fair few torx bits i finally got the stub(ben) axles off and fitted the shims

2x 1degree shims on each side

IMG_8302.jpg

a507ff12.jpg

15a01d13.jpg

289ea325.jpg

i then removed the adjuster on the rear springs to get some more lows.
I now need to lower the front more, I lowered it a further 20mm but tbh its made 0 difference it needs a good 40mm drop imo, and then remove the front splitter for a more flat one.

before
b7721e54.jpg

after
97a504a3.jpg

and how it sits atm.
fc2cb14a.jpg

8448d79a.jpg

931551aa.jpg

e4248ebf.jpg

aa698002.jpg

c+c welcome!

ph1 track weapon
that front needs to go down a tad more i reckon dude! helper springs out? feel sad i didnt keep mine and go down this route now :(

CLIO PH1 172
The front WILL be coming down I need to source/make a new splitter first that isn't as thick, it needs to be flat

e92 330i
Camber looks bloody mean, matches the front now. Shims easy to put on? Did you not go for bigger spacers?
Still my favourite ph1 :)

Last edited:
  CLIO PH1 172
I have these on there way :D

spacers2.jpg

I will then put my 30mm spacers I have on the front on my rear and put these new 50mm spacers on the front. So my fronts will be spaced another 20mm and the rear another 5mm.

And the shims arnt tooo bad to fit but you need to take all the rear brakes discs stub axles off so pretty long.

CLIO PH1 172
I have these on there way :D

spacers2.jpg

I will then put my 30mm spacers I have on the front on my rear and put these new 50mm spacers on the front. So my fronts will be spaced another 20mm and the rear another 5mm.

And the shims arnt tooo bad to fit but you need to take all the rear brakes discs stub axles off so pretty long.

CLIO PH1 172
Spacers arrived today they look top quality !! Hopefully fitting the tomorrow. More updates coming!!

CLIO PH1 172
Thanks boys yes I'm pretty excited to see what they are like fitted !

Will get some pics ip tonight hopefully!

CLIO PH1 172
So the 50mm stud conversion spacers ARE ON!

Looks better imo also stopes the front to match the rear.

d7b34574.jpg

de83d4a9.jpg

05cc9709.jpg

dfcacded.jpg

58760a67.jpg

d164b820.jpg

b1c46498.jpg

920046b4.jpg

6ebb7300.jpg

Sorry for the gayest pictures ever I will get some better ones soon ;)

CLIO PH1 172
Wheel bearings, front arches, tyres, splitter and bumper will all HATE the spacers, ride hight and camber but ..... Meh looks good ;)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Should try get the dished wheels for the back! big improvement with the spacers though :D dare i say, lower? ;)

CLIO PH1 172
I can't get the rear any lower without custom springs or adding weight to the back, which I really do not want to do!! so I figure getting the front and rear sitting the same is the best way, plus since I have drove it home about 1and half miles it's settled down and dropped a tad more ! :)

I very happy with the results though and didn't have any problems with bumps dips curbs ect ... Like i thought I would