ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adapters??

2007 MK3 Clio
Hey everyone,
I've got an 07 MK3 Clio and I've just ordered a set of 16" x 9" alloys :p.
They are 4 x 108 and obviously I need them to be 4 x 100.
So was just wondering, in your opinion whats the best adapters to get?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
RJM

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What offset alloys have you bought?
It may not be possible to fit them correctly to your car at all.

What spigot size are they?

2007 MK3 Clio
What offset alloys have you bought?
It may not be possible to fit them correctly to your car at all.

What spigot size are they?

ET35. I personally haven't seen a set about in the U.K yet so I'm determined to get them to fit so that I'll not have a set that a million other people have. So if it comes to it they'll be welded and re-drilled

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
9" is pretty wide without having to fit adapters as well isn't it?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
ET35. I personally haven't seen a set about in the U.K yet so I'm determined to get them to fit so that I'll not have a set that a million other people have. So if it comes to it they'll be welded and re-drilled

Welded and redrilled is your best bet then I would imagine.

Adaptor spacers are likely to be around 20mm wide and in the case of a 9" wide rim in the first place its already going to be sat quite far out, so thats likely to be too much.

you could also consider redrilling the disks and hubs instead of the wheels, so that you basically make your car multifit in the first place.

Im always messing around with different rims on our cars as like you my mrs just likes having stuff thats not the same as everyone elses, this is my mrs old mk1 on vauxhall cesaro wheels, and this is some scooby wheels I am using at the moment for mocking up some adaptors as she has seen some scooby rims she likes the look of (not actually these ones, but I had these handy to use for the templates)

2a286c05.jpg

879bda5c.jpg

What center bore are your rims?
On the cesaros even though they are 4*100 I had to make adaptors due to the spigot size being smaller than the renault and as we have several sets (wets dries etc) I didnt want to bore the wheel itself, plus I was correcting the offset too.

2007 MK3 Clio
Welded and redrilled is your best bet then I would imagine.

Adaptor spacers are likely to be around 20mm wide and in the case of a 9" wide rim in the first place its already going to be sat quite far out, so thats likely to be too much.

you could also consider redrilling the disks and hubs instead of the wheels, so that you basically make your car multifit in the first place.

Im always messing around with different rims on our cars as like you my mrs just likes having stuff thats not the same as everyone elses, this is my mrs old mk1 on vauxhall cesaro wheels, and this is some scooby wheels I am using at the moment for mocking up some adaptors as she has seen some scooby rims she likes the look of (not actually these ones, but I had these handy to use for the templates)

What center bore are your rims?
On the cesaros even though they are 4*100 I had to make adaptors due to the spigot size being smaller than the renault and as we have several sets (wets dries etc) I didnt want to bore the wheel itself, plus I was correcting the offset too.

Cheers for the advice chip. May consider re-drilling the wheels or the hubs.
Yeah I wanna make my car stand out and be different so that when I'm at shows it's not "aww I seen about 50 million other cars with this done" yano =/?
I have no idea what the centre bore is yet, but they should be with me soon and there's an engineering company close to me that can sort it all out if I'm going for the re-drilling route instead of adapters.
I'm going to see if there's much poke and if there is I'll get them re-drilled, if not I'll get spacers.
You certainly seem to know you're stuff chip, cheers for the help.