ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Advice for lazy car cleaner...

White Silver

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini JCW and FRS
Right, I only wash my car about once a month (racing blue really doesn't show the dirt!), and I wax it about every three months....or so :eek:

I'm looking for a wax that protects and shines for a decent length of time. Currently I just use Colour Magic, but I'm sure the detailers here would be horrified and recommend something else.

Is this any good?

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=9842

Also, would anyone here PC polish my car for cold hard cash? Preferably somewhere near Fareham? I could do with a de-swirl..

RB 182
The link you have there is a sealant and not a wax (even though it says it is), you need something that has a good durability so it protects it for longer.

Might be worth having a look here as the Collinate is durable and Mr Billy says he's used it on his Arctic Blue and been pleased with it.

LY V6 with Recaros
I use the meguiars shampoo. I use the auto glym stuff for polishing which is pretty good

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah the collinite is very good stuff . But tbh you sound like a right lazy b*****d when it comes to cleaning your car , lol, no offence mate ;)

If i was you i'd get my arse down to Halfords tomorrow ( this is the bit where i get slagged off , lol ) and get some of the Turtle wax , wax it wet . Its usually on offer 3 for the price of 2 and you won't find anything easier .

Just wash the car , leave it wet , spray this on and wipe it off with a microfibre cloth . It leaves the car lookin' good and beads the rain very well . Its about £12 for 3 bottles so it should last 3 washes of your car .

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...1511_crumb_33958-33974_parentcategoryrn_31511

RB 182
^^^
I would suggest the Primo Hydro from Alex at Serious Performance it's the same idea, I've tried it and it works a treat ;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Have you got a link to the primo hydro ben ? I can't find it on serious performance .

White Silver

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini JCW and FRS
MRBILLYUK said:
Yeah the collinite is very good stuff . But tbh you sound like a right lazy b*****d when it comes to cleaning your car , lol, no offence mate ;)

Well thank you very much! :rasp: I happen to think cars are for driving, not washing every 5 minutes! I think you're a cheeky b*****d - no offence ;)

If i was you i'd get my arse down to Halfords tomorrow ( this is the bit where i get slagged off , lol ) and get some of the Turtle wax , wax it wet . Its usually on offer 3 for the price of 2 and you won't find anything easier .

Just wash the car , leave it wet , spray this on and wipe it off with a microfibre cloth . It leaves the car lookin' good and beads the rain very well . Its about £12 for 3 bottles so it should last 3 washes of your car .

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_177511_langId_-1_CarSelectorCatalogId__CarSelectorGroupId__varient__categoryId_31511_crumb_33958-33974_parentcategoryrn_31511

Cheers for the advice, sounds fine to me - I like the look of that Collinite as well.