ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice for lazy car cleaner...

Mini Cooper S sport
Right, I only wash my car about once a month (racing blue really doesn't show the dirt!), and I wax it about every three months....or so :eek:

I'm looking for a wax that protects and shines for a decent length of time. Currently I just use Colour Magic, but I'm sure the detailers here would be horrified and recommend something else.

Is this any good?

http://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ProductDetails.asp?ProductID=9842

Also, would anyone here PC polish my car for cold hard cash? Preferably somewhere near Fareham? I could do with a de-swirl..

RB 182
The link you have there is a sealant and not a wax (even though it says it is), you need something that has a good durability so it protects it for longer.

Might be worth having a look here as the Collinate is durable and Mr Billy says he's used it on his Arctic Blue and been pleased with it.

LY V6 with Recaros
I use the meguiars shampoo. I use the auto glym stuff for polishing which is pretty good

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeah the collinite is very good stuff . But tbh you sound like a right lazy b*****d when it comes to cleaning your car , lol, no offence mate ;)

If i was you i'd get my arse down to Halfords tomorrow ( this is the bit where i get slagged off , lol ) and get some of the Turtle wax , wax it wet . Its usually on offer 3 for the price of 2 and you won't find anything easier .

Just wash the car , leave it wet , spray this on and wipe it off with a microfibre cloth . It leaves the car lookin' good and beads the rain very well . Its about £12 for 3 bottles so it should last 3 washes of your car .

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...1511_crumb_33958-33974_parentcategoryrn_31511

RB 182
^^^
I would suggest the Primo Hydro from Alex at Serious Performance it's the same idea, I've tried it and it works a treat ;)

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Have you got a link to the primo hydro ben ? I can't find it on serious performance .

Mini Cooper S sport
MRBILLYUK said:
Yeah the collinite is very good stuff . But tbh you sound like a right lazy b*****d when it comes to cleaning your car , lol, no offence mate ;)

Well thank you very much! :rasp: I happen to think cars are for driving, not washing every 5 minutes! I think you're a cheeky b*****d - no offence ;)

If i was you i'd get my arse down to Halfords tomorrow ( this is the bit where i get slagged off , lol ) and get some of the Turtle wax , wax it wet . Its usually on offer 3 for the price of 2 and you won't find anything easier .

Just wash the car , leave it wet , spray this on and wipe it off with a microfibre cloth . It leaves the car lookin' good and beads the rain very well . Its about £12 for 3 bottles so it should last 3 washes of your car .

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_177511_langId_-1_CarSelectorCatalogId__CarSelectorGroupId__varient__categoryId_31511_crumb_33958-33974_parentcategoryrn_31511

Cheers for the advice, sounds fine to me - I like the look of that Collinite as well.