ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice for new 172 owner

New to the club just after some advice

buying these wheels in 17s (what do ya think) and am going to lower the car 40 mm . will i have any problems with rubbing on the arches especially on the rear as the boot will be full of ice.

http://www.edworthys.co.uk/acatalog/Cam296big.gif

also what induction kits do you recommend (thinking about a piper x viper) are these much better than the standard piper x

cheers baz;)

Astra 1.9cdti XP

Just make sure you get the right tyres on those wheels! 195/40R17 and not 205/40R17.

Depends on the offset of those wheels but you shouldnt get any rubbing!

They will look nice mate, be prepared to lose performance tho! theres a fair few posts about 17s making 172s slower, also the piper x vipers are raved about on here... i just like me "green" tho, so ill be sticking to it ;)

Quote: Originally posted by 172baz on 20 May 2003

Is it the green twister filter or just standard
Just the standard single cone "green", wanted a twin cone like you get on the 16 valvers but green dont make one yet......