ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice needed ,tar and stuff on car

ello peeps , come home from work today and found the council had been repairing the road ouside the house, and they are also doing cavity wall insulation in the houses too , well the car was covered in dust so i thought id wash it, only to find the tar has sprayed all over the car and the dust from them drilling has stuck to the tar . i didnt find this out till i went to wash the bonnet only to find its all f*****g scratched , i stopped washing it of course but the damage is already done :mad: . i called the council who said thed send a claim form out but. am i better claiming through my insurance and let them fight it or just try and fight the council my self . sorry about the long story but im well pissed .:(

clio 172 cup

claim off council they will pay my cousin had something like this happen to her and they paid out. wish i could claim for my stone chips off gritters

update on my tar problem . took the car to paintshop today to have them look at it , and they quoted me £702.06 . ffs :eek: . is it real gold in the paint lol . scratches are quite deep and there is stone chips on the fron wing too with all the cars driving past and spraying it with chippings that they put on , insurance claim time methinks . thanks to those that tried to help . appriciated guys .

p.s. the grains of dust are inpregnated into the tar and when you try to take it off its scratching the paintwork .

brian:D

[Edited by brian182 on 30 August 2005 at 5:33pm]

Id defo claim off the council (or at least try) its their fault its happened. not fair on u having 2 claim and pay excess etc. Just inform ur insurance company of the situation and try it with the council, if u dont get anywhere u can still fall back on ur insurance.

not so sunny fife scotland .lol. the other thing is i cant even wash the car ,its a mess , called the insurance company and told them i want to claim and they are going to fight the council for the money back and my excess , i have some kinda legal expenses cover with them . will try and get some pics tomorrow for you guys.

brian