ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed

clio i think
purchased a pair of headlights of Clio fb page from a guy name Daniel large
First of all he sent it to wrong and advised me that he can’t manually put in address name on parcel2go.
I checked, and he was wrong, you can manually edit the building name.
Because of this, the parcel was refused a few times at the address he sent it to. I had to go on Yodel website to get the address changed myself using the web chat.
The parcel was received at my work after a week of delay, and was signed by somebody at my office. When I arrived next day to check the lights, I was expecting to see it packed in a box with nice padding and bubble wrap. I’ve advised him I purchased a set before and they were damage due to bad packaging.
The lights were delivered in shrink wrap, lots of it but had no protection otherwise.
The headlights were badly damaged and also has cracked lenses. Obviously I’ve requested a refund and happy to pay the return postage.
He wants none of it and tells me to bite the bullet and sod off basically.
I paid by Paypal so will I get buyers protection?
He didn’t insure the lights either as he said the courier doesn’t insure lights
Few quotes from Mr Large
‘Okay well I'd do 70 delivered. I'll have to wrap them up well thou as I know what couriers are like!’

‘Oh! It didn't give me any other options, that's all that came up’

‘Literally that postcode you gave me comes up as bank of china there isn't any other option, if you go on to parcel2go and do a quote you will see what I mean’

From me
Did you buy any cover?

‘No, was an extra £20’

End quote

‘It's most definitely not my fault that in transit they got damaged. I've gone out my way to sort it, they have said they can't do anything because they wasn't covered and the fact they don't cover lights also. So I'm Afraid I'm not going to refund you the money, why would I? I said when you first about sending them that I wasn't keen on that. I sent all the photos of the lights before I sent them, you was happy. It's ones of them things, you aren't even that far from me so you could do collected them. Have to cut your losses, it's less than ideal but i did at your own risk‘

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
He sounds like an ass.

You or someone signed for them without checking inside?. I assume because of this nothing may happen.

Paypal dispute, send photos.
They will side with you providing it wasn't a gift/friends.

If he's packed them like an idiot it's asking for trouble but he won't refund you, why would he want damaged lights back? He'll just chance it, open a case straight away.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Did you pay by PayPal goods and services? If so put a claim in, if not you're screwed. As he's not far from you you could go round and smash his headlights.

clio i think
Didn’t pay by gift. Paid for goods and services

I’ve sent an email to Paypal. Hopefully we can resolve this

Grier

ClioSport Club Member
  A clio...
You'll be alright send photos and what you've shown us, will take time as always with these things but 9/10 times they side with the buyer.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Sellers on Facebook are c***s 98% of the time. They think there's no comeback of they don't post something or have lied about the condition. PayPal is always the best way to give yourself a bit of cover.
For clio parts I've never had a bad experience buying from someone on here [emoji6].

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I had this with a oem double din unit for the wife's old car on ebay mind - he sent it in brown parcel paper!
It was totally destroyed and he was telling me it's my fault and to accept it - yeah right.

After I got my money back he then decided to bid on all of my items for sale and won them all, then sent me messages laughing that he wasn't paying.

Bell end.

I got my own back in the end - he got banned and I sent a load of heavy items to his house randomly with not enough postage - would have cost him lots of time and money collecting s**t from the depot.

Appreciate the advice guys. Will open dispute
As you paid by goods / services you're covered, just keep on at him and give PayPal the pictures of everything. If he won't take them back escalate it and they'll decide.. which means you get to return them and get refunded.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Shoe was on the other foot a few years ago for me.

I sold some MY11 A3 Rear lights on eBay and seller wanted me to post, told him numerous times that I would post at his own risk which he was happy with. I wrapped them in loads of bubble wrap and put them both in a rigid box. Took photos before sending to show how well they were packed and made sure the corners had extra bubble wrap on them to avoid them cracking but low and behold, the courier managed to crack one of them.

Guy opened up a dispute and after sending photos to PayPal and chat logs saying that he was happy to take responsibility once I left them with the courier, PayPal sided with me and decided not to issue a refund.

clio i think
Your case makes more sense you winning as you’ve wrapped the lights well and put in a box.

My seller decided the wrap the headlights in shrink wrap and send it without a box

clio i think
356D6C45-F072-48EE-92D6-5276570981B8.jpeg 4641D096-864D-4ADD-A5C7-491EA0F58373.jpeg
65853EBC-E675-448E-962D-61A53131C6EE.jpeg

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh, that looks like it was packed to be booted around a delivery depot.

PayPal should side with you though. If you file a dispute, he has 10 days to answer. I had it recently when the other guy didn't reply at all, I was refunded full amount on day 11 although that was for an item that didn't arrive.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
i really don't get what they do to cause the breakages, I have a set of 182 xenon's in the shed I've had years, they get chucked about, they've sat under a pile of suspension parts that I've chucked on them, they've been transferred from shed to shed and car to car over the time.

still fine, few scratches but nothing else wrong

what the hell do the couriers do!

clio i think
Update.
I’ve opened a dispute and looks like Mr Large has got a notification
His reaction

‘If you think you are going to claim the money back through PayPal think again, I see you have opened up a case, i will file the whole conversions with them. You won't win the case. And if not, I'll be sure to come down to see you‘

RB Clio 182
Update.
His reaction

‘If you think you are going to claim the money back through PayPal think again, I see you have opened up a case, i will file the whole conversions with them. You won't win the case. And if not, I'll be sure to come down to see you‘
Why are you posting my emails on cs?

Update.
His reaction

Tell him, that's cool, I'll hand you back these knackered lights in person, you'd best bring your wallet with you.
What a twonk!

clio i think
Although he just gave me a call and threatened to pop down to my office
Silly sausage he didn’t withhold his number, and I have part of the conversation recorded