ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on smd/led dash conversion kit

Clio 1.2
It looks quite easy there a video on youtibe just type in led dash conversion clio on youtube and it wilk come up quite detailed

Jake

Clio extreme4
My clio has the LCD display for the fuel and temperature readings on instrument cluster and I've heard thy have different led from the rest of them or something, is this true

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
My clio has the LCD display for the fuel and temperature readings on instrument cluster and I've heard thy have different led from the rest of them or something, is this true

yer thats right mate, i have the same one. there are less led's which is a good thing.
​a crate of kopperberg will do mate haha. wherebouts u from?

Clio extreme4
So where do you get the LEDs from for the instrument cluster? You got Any pictures of you LEDs? A don't mind buying you a crate of koopernerg for doing it and I'm from Newcastle upon Tyne

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
So where do you get the LEDs from for the instrument cluster? You got Any pictures of you LEDs? A don't mind buying you a crate of koopernerg for doing it and I'm from Newcastle upon Tyne

Send me a pm mate. Crazy leds.com or uk I forgot but there good. I know exactly what you are needing so give me a pm. Yer newcastle quite some distance. Lol

I would personally not buy the kit as it's overpriced. Just purchase what you need.

With the center LCD you need 4 PLCC-4 3254 SMD in the colour of your choice then 4 PLCC-2 3254 for the dials.

For all other MK2 dials you'll need 10 PLCC-2 3254.

ahaqevaz.jpg

Clio extreme4
So what would a need for my instrument cluster the same as yours? And also radio screen, is it possible to change my heater controls colour as there twist nobs not climate control

With the center LCD you need 4 PLCC-4 3254 SMD in the colour of your choice then 4 PLCC-2 3254 for the dials
So what would a need for my instrument cluster the same as yours? And also radio screen, is it possible to change my heater controls colour as there twist nobs not climate control

The radio is a little bit harder than normal you'll need 4 PLCC-4. For the heater panel you'll need T5 'Dashboard LEDs' although you'll have to remove the panel as there is an orange light filter so you'll need to remove that.

gy7equby.jpg

If it's not the same as this then you'll need 2 more T5 LEDs.

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Hey mwright I never did my stock radio since I got a pioneer. Dont spose you got any info on how to open that sucker up? I tried before but felt like I was prying it too much or is it a basterd?

banther

ClioSport Club Member
I would personally not buy the kit as it's overpriced. Just purchase what you need.

With the center LCD you need 4 PLCC-4 3254 SMD in the colour of your choice then 4 PLCC-2 3254 for the dials.

For all other MK2 dials you'll need 10 PLCC-2 3254.

ahaqevaz.jpg

That looks insanely good!!

​Shame I'm such a techno spaz.

Temperature controlled soldering iron and a stopwatch lol.

Too much heat for too long - frazzled smd.

Too little heat and little time you risk damaging the contacts on the pcb.

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
Temperature controlled soldering iron and a stopwatch lol.

Too much heat for too long - frazzled smd.

Too little heat and little time you risk damaging the contacts on the pcb.

he aint wrong about that, gotta be well careful lol.

16v 1.6 Clio MK3 GT
i have another question for ya mwright about the heater controls, you said there is a filter in there. is it very hard to disconnect the heater control cable and replace it correctly? i might change mine now if i can do it, but dont wanna f**k the cables torque up etc....