ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice Please!!! 197/197 r27 - Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 197 in Ultra Red on order, xenons, climate and folding door mirrors, dealer ordering in and doing it as a pre-reg for £13995 with 12 months road tax, due 17.9.2007......now the spanner in the works....been won over by the cheeky little minx that is the r27 and offered one for £14263 with xenons/climate/folding door mirrors which is a amazing deal, not pre-reg either......now questions for you guys...

(1) Do I cancel my order for the normal 197, have £200 deposit down. If so is this easily done.

(2) Do I go for a r27?

I wont lie this is really doing my head in at the moment, still trying to sell my baby arctic blue 182 and thats stressing me out as well.

Would appreciate your views and any advices.....

600 with the lost deposit ;) but still mighty tempting i think id taker the r27 does it have recaros ? std also do you get a choice of colour

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
Thats an amazing price for the R27 babe... especially with all those options, go for it ;) change the order!

R27, why the hell are you even asking!?
Agree!

Even if you can't get the £200 back so what? Ask the competing garage if they'll take a further £200 off the R27 if you want to be cheeky, but that sounds an excellent deal even taking a lost £200 into account IMO...

well as have a car on order and dont know how the feck to get out of it!

If you've not paid anything else then sod them. In theory I'm sure they could pursue you for backing out of the deal, but are they honestly likely to. I'm not really clear on this either but surely there'll be an easy way out mate.

Clio 197
do what you like, if you still like what you have order your 197....

get one

Last edited:
  Hyundai i40
make some excuse up........unforseen circumstances etc

im sure plenty of ppl back out of cars last min and im sure they will soon sell it to someone else

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Thats cheap i got offered similar price minus xenons, there not selling, wonder why ;)

Elise 111R
is that hard haglin or is that the dealer putting his cards down straight away? Might be interesting to see how much movement that deals got in it.

Although tbh i wouldnt want to take the first owner hit on any 197 atm you all must be mad! ;)

is that hard haglin or is that the dealer putting his cards down straight away? Might be interesting to see how much movement that deals got in it.

Although tbh i wouldnt want to take the first owner hit on any 197 atm you all must be mad! ;)

a bit of one dealer putting his cards on the table and another dealer closer to home saying he would match....cant imagine they would go any lower

If you ring up and say you wish to cancel the order due to an unexpected change in personal circumstances of which you can't go into they should cancel it. I'd even be cheeky and ask for the deposit back because of the 'situation' but if you lose it so what. Go for the R27!

255 V6 Black Gold
Q: I have put a deposit on a brand new car, but I'm not happy with the deal and would like to pull out. Can I change my mind, or am I obliged to buy the car?
Michelle Ramshaw

A: Unfortunately, you're going to at least lose your deposit. Once a contract of sale has been entered into, neither party can simply 'cancel', but this does not mean to say that you now have to buy the car. As soon as you sign an order form, you enter a binding contract of sale. Your only options are then to continue with the contract, or put yourself in breach of contract by 'refusing to accept'.

If you 'refuse to accept' you will be liable for damages to the dealer for non-acceptance under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. The amount of these damages will be the difference between the contract price, (the price agreed between you and the dealer), and the market price, as well as any losses the seller has incurred in reliance on the sale, (for example administration costs, special alterations to the order and so on).

With mass-produced cars, the contract price is normally more or less the same as the market price, and the deposit will usually cover any losses

Black S2 106 Rallye LHD
Ask the dealer you have the order already placed with if they'll match the deal?

I'd also get the R27 with the thinking that a special edition might have better residuals too?

Octy vRS & Ninja 650
Q: I have put a deposit on a brand new car, but I'm not happy with the deal and would like to pull out. Can I change my mind, or am I obliged to buy the car?
Michelle Ramshaw

A: Unfortunately, you're going to at least lose your deposit. Once a contract of sale has been entered into, neither party can simply 'cancel', but this does not mean to say that you now have to buy the car. As soon as you sign an order form, you enter a binding contract of sale. Your only options are then to continue with the contract, or put yourself in breach of contract by 'refusing to accept'.

If you 'refuse to accept' you will be liable for damages to the dealer for non-acceptance under the Sale of Goods Act 1979. The amount of these damages will be the difference between the contract price, (the price agreed between you and the dealer), and the market price, as well as any losses the seller has incurred in reliance on the sale, (for example administration costs, special alterations to the order and so on).

With mass-produced cars, the contract price is normally more or less the same as the market price, and the deposit will usually cover any losses

So thats basically get the R27 then!

:rasp:

Mountune Tractor
For the amount of time members have been shafted by stealers, here is your chance to take a bit of revenge on them. R27 all the way.

just spoke to sales manager, they are going to check and see how far vehicle has progressed, to call back on monday, didnt sound very good tbh!

Shhh
You will have some paperwork from the deal, check it over for the get out clause, ie.. cancellation of order, might be liable for ?% of the car.. etc..

Have a read before monday