ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

advice please

Arctic 182FF
right…going to give my arctic blue baby a good clean and polish and have a couple of questions…

My Current plan:
~ wash
~ clay
<----- light swirl removal
~ SRP
~ EGP
<----- wax

1) have some light swirls - what would be best for removing these? is scratch-x ok to go all over the car with?
i've also seen ‘Clearkote Vanilla Moose Wax Hand Glaze’ on serious performance, would this be any better/worse?

2) which wax would be best on arctic blue; been looking at P21s, nattys blue and XXX Hardcore wax but not sure which to go for??

will all be done by hand by the way.

cheers

ST
Yeah you can scratch X the whole car tho it will take a while.

Most will tell you P21s tho personally i rate the XXX Hardcore.

This is how mine looks after a coat of XXX:

Last edited:
  106 GTi
1- The Clearkote VM wont really touch the Swirls to remove them. Workig by hand your only really option is Scratch X.

2- On Artic Blue - P21s without a doubt, that wax was made for Metallic Blues, Pinnacle Signature as a close second.

Arctic 182FF
thanks for the fast replies! :) looks like i'll be ordering some scratch-x and most probably some P21s ooo...and gonna try some microfibres as previously used cotton towling type stuff for application and buffing

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
~ wash
~ clay
<----- light swirl removal
~ SRP
~ EGP
<----- wax

^^^^^^
What does that all mean???? :eek::S

Arctic 182FF
its the order i'm planning to work in, SRP = Autoglym Super Resin Polish and EGP = Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection (seen these abbreviations on here before so thought it would be quicker to type..i'm a bit lazy at times!) i used the <----- for the steps i haven't done before so the clever people on here could correct me if i got it a bit wrong!