ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice Please

Can somebody recommend a wax to use having just had a respray, i dont want to use a polish and risk anything but i do want to bring out the real quality of the paint.

Please help.

Thanks in advance Clare

(ex-2.0 Hybrid)CorradoVR6

<A name=a1>Gold Class Clear Coat Car Wax

The most reflective wax in our history
The Meguiar family has been making quality surface care products since 1901 ... and our Elite Gold Class line consists only of cutting-edge products that deliver exceptional results.

Regardless of what paint you have, this wax will dramatically darken the colour, bring out the full richness of the paint and create clear, sharp reflections unlike anything youve ever experienced. It also glides on and off so easily that customers tell us they are waxing more often.
G-7016 473 ml. liquid wax with applicator

Clare, I asked the guy who sprayed mine exactly the same question, he told me not to use stuff like Auto Glym etc as they were too abrasive, he instead gave me some stuff too use, not sure on the name of it, but its made by:

Shine-On Automotive Chemicals, Great Yeldham, Halstead, Essex, CO9 4QS

01787-237329

Might be worth a phone call.

i have spoken to the bodyshop who sprayed my williams and the advice has been taken but i need something for when i can apply a layer what with winter comming.

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 17 November 2003

Try any wax on me first if you like, GTI girl, and ill tell you if i like the feel of it

;) Wax me up baby

hmmmm he hasnt met me to come up with a sugestion like that !

brave, stupid or both ???

;)

Try any wax on me first if you like, GTI girl, and ill tell you if i like the feel of it

;) Wax me up baby

The Stromba obviously enjoys hospital cuisine!!

Sadly Clare, youre going to get stone chips in the winter and theyre almost impossible to stop altogether. A good wax helps and the synthetic variety (like Autoglym Extra Gloss) are best for this: apply before the natural waxes mentioned above. Other than that, the best thing to do is drive as far away as possible from other traffic - especially lorries - and keep the speed down.

i appriciate im going to get stonechips and im not so bothered about them as i am more worried about the over all look of the paint work i can always have the stone chips blown over after winter.But i will be watching the speed etc

thanks for the tip on the extra gloss ill do that, then use the wax i purchased today after that.

If youve got the time/weather for it, leave at least a day between applying the different waxes for them to cure and bond properly. You saw how mint my black Valver was - I spent weeks doing it properly (back in the good old days of being a student)! Just waiting for some better weather to do the Williams fully and then Ill post some pics at last.

Titanium 182

my 16valver is having a full respray this week

and i hadnt really thought 2much about it with the weather etc

i was just going to give it a little polish once its all put back togther etc, but would i be wront to do that?

do you think i should buy some of that stuf uve got gti girl?:confused:

sorry 4 hijack !

Autoglym Extra Gloss can be layered too. I added a few layers onto mine. One after each wash (every 1 to 2 weeks), after this just added a top coat of a natural wax. The Meguiars is a nice one.

Some waxes/polishes can be really tough to remove if you leave them to cure for too long. Autoglym Extra Gloss can easily be left for a fair number of hours, and is still easy to buff off.

Paint is porous even when its gone off and will need protecting with a penatrative synthetic polish first and build up the layers before use a final High gloss finishing wax. I know its tempting to treat it with kid gloves but you need to press on firm to build up the temperature of the wax when removing this will melt it into a glass like sheen. If you dont build up the temperature in this weather you will get a pitted look from diferent angles. You will see what i mean when you get stuck in. I use Autoglym Valeting kit , meguires and a bottle of some stuff that ferrari uses and you can only get trade. My g/f used to work for a kit car company and they bought it in bulk. Its red and has the ferrari logo on and u use a special applicator to apply that looks like the shoeshine pads. I will have to try and remember the name as i have just run out and need to get some more.

Titanium 182

dont laugh at me people!

but i only ever use turtle wax spray on stuff and its really easy, make the paint feel smooth!:oops:

will i be ok to just keep on doing the same with my newly painted car?

Quote: Originally posted by night.icon on 17 November 2003

;) Wax me up baby

hmmmm he hasnt met me to come up with a sugestion like that !

brave, stupid or both ???

;)

Well one of my ambitions is to go to spain and become a famous bull fighter. So you decide if im brave or stupid. Ohhhhhh the cheer of the crowd as they throw flower petals down on me. Why are you a big guy? If you are id better not tell you what the PM i got from GTI girl said and ill delete her number;)

GTI girl, just use johns car in the winter, no stone chips then.

Altho i think Johns car may have some one splatered on the windscreen!!!

Quote: Originally posted by king.stromba on 18 November 2003

Well one of my ambitions is to go to spain and become a famous bull fighter. So you decide if im brave or stupid.
Hmmm let me think - youre stupid then.