ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice required on ICE

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Well I've had the Clio for over a month now and the standard system hasnt blown yet! My old car had Infinity Kappa comps, tweets in the rear and a L7 all Running of a Directed A1004 and D2400 mono, so I know what the good stuff is, Ive said to myself I dont want to do that again!
Im thinking of getting new comps all round and a Tunepoint, keeping the standard HU...Wise or Not? Just want a bit more mid range really, I dont want to lose the remote and the screen, any recommendations? Do most HU's allow remote use with an adapter?
If I did change the HU, what would the screen show?

Thanks

Last edited:
  Mustang, S13, AX GT
tbh there's not much point in trying to put together a nice sound system if you're not going to upgrade the most important part, you NEED a decent HU. You can get adapters to use the steering wheel remote but the screen would just show the time and temp, any fancy displays etc would be on the new HU.

as said above or you can get the leads to keep the steering controls and upper screen options too .

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Whats the best HU out there with good sound quality through the standard speakers/ upgraded speakers without an amp, IPod control and with an adapter available for the remote?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
I have an Alpine 9812RB which is a very capable HU but I;m not sure if its got an ipod plug in. best bet is to go onto www.caraudiosecurity.com and have a look. Anything by Alpine/Pioneer would be worth the money paid.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Its still a renault head unit though, it will be massively under powered and you would be lucky if it even had a pre-out. I think to make a nice sounding system you need a decent aftermarket headunit.

The head unit is the vital part of your sound system, it decides what you're listening to and the head unit sends out the signal. You could have the best amps/speakers in the world and not have a very good sound system because the HU would let it down.