ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adwords - Someone piggy backing our name

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
If you search for our company name there were no sponsored links, but now there is one from one of our competitors ... obviously entered it in their phrase terms.

Is this legal ? Is there anything we can do about it ?

I dont want to get involved in the doing the same thing as I think its a ***** trick!!

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
Think your right mate, think I'm going to email them. Tell them to sort it out or I'll add their name into my keywords, simple as.

Its frustrating because we have been working hard to market the business, and then for someone to potentially 'steal' an order from under your nose is a bit of joke.

14' Leon Cupra 280
I've seen it quite often in the past with companies going through insolvency/bankruptcy...Competitors hear about it, they add the phrase on adwords, then try and catch new clients. To do it as upfront as yours however isn't right, but is business.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
Probably not the best or cheapest solutions, but if you trademark your name, then submit the trademarked name to Google. Then only you and people you give permission to can use it.

But alternatively send them a polite email asking them to remove it from their keywords, and that you give them 48 hours before they receive a letter from your solicitor.

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos
But alternatively send them a polite email asking them to remove it from their keywords, and that you give them 48 hours before they receive a letter from your solicitor.

Waste of a solicitors letter IMO

Click hell out of the link, caining their adsense budget :)