ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AEM water methanol..

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys, just thought I’d share some info..

I fitted the AEM water methonal kit to my Clio turbo, lovely bit of kit.

But.. in the instructions there is an (optional) check valve that can be bought separately to stop siphoning I’d the meth tank is mounted higher that the injector nozzle.

Mine isn’t so I thought I wouldn’t need it... wrong!! Luckily no damage but I can see how this could royally f**k up your engine [emoji35]

Basically I got lucky, started car one morn and it ran rich as hell like it was flooded.. and stalled. After some cranking it went again and cleared. My first thought was an injector fault but then it occurred to me to check the boost pipe where the AEM water meth injector goes and lovely, loads of pink juice came out!!

Anyway, I’ve now fitted the (optional) check valve and it’s spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kingell0

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182/230
Hi guys, just thought I’d share some info..

I fitted the AEM water methonal kit to my Clio turbo, lovely bit of kit.

But.. in the instructions there is an (optional) check valve that can be bought separately to stop siphoning I’d the meth tank is mounted higher that the injector nozzle.

Mine isn’t so I thought I wouldn’t need it... wrong!! Luckily no damage but I can see how this could royally f**k up your engine [emoji35]

Basically I got lucky, started car one morn and it ran rich as hell like it was flooded.. and stalled. After some cranking it went again and cleared. My first thought was an injector fault but then it occurred to me to check the boost pipe where the AEM water meth injector goes and lovely, loads of pink juice came out!!

Anyway, I’ve now fitted the (optional) check valve and it’s spot on!

Hi, I have an AEM water/meth kit to fit to my 182 Clio, has it helped performance wise or better temperatures etc.
Mine is ED 230 bhp turbo conversion, any help or advice appreciated? 👍

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
Hi, I have an AEM water/meth kit to fit to my 182 Clio, has it helped performance wise or better temperatures etc.
Mine is ED 230 bhp turbo conversion, any help or advice appreciated? [emoji106]

cd482c3426cd54e1f6b5fe3ebf0919ac.jpg

Mine isn’t dependent on meth, with it off I see 350hp with it on 372hp will run happily both on and off.. but actually cooler with it on!

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So you gain power running it? I've been thinking of getting one for my Twingo f4rt just to keep intake temps screwed right down but will definately consider it if i can gain a few bhp too (y)

kingell0

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182/230
What engine and mods you using for that bhp !! Is this Clio 182 or other?
Also who fitted and mapped for you if you don’t mind me asking?
thanks for your time👍

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
So you gain power running it? I've been thinking of getting one for my Twingo f4rt just to keep intake temps screwed right down but will definately consider it if i can gain a few bhp too (y)

Yes seemed too in my case, was quite surprised! Inlet temps dropped a lot

incy-spider

ClioSport Club Member
What engine and mods you using for that bhp !! Is this Clio 182 or other?
Also who fitted and mapped for you if you don’t mind me asking?
thanks for your time[emoji106]

Megane RS 265 pistons and rods in Clio 182 block running 9:1 comp with a GTX2860R gen2 turbo, 630cc injectors with Gen90 ECU.. etc etc

Andy from Phoenix automotive technologies in Dorset, the main man with Gems/gen90 [emoji106][emoji106]