ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aerial Being Fitted Tomorrow

Titanium Clio 182

Getting my DAB/AM/FM/LW aerial fitted tomorrow. The Aerial cost £100 from bluespot.co.uk and the fitting of it is going to cost me £60. £60 to fit an aerial. Better them than me as they have to take the roof lining off, drill the hole for the aerial bigger and then route all the wires.

Cant wait to have dab back in my car. Its quality.

Titanium Clio 182

Well its been fitted and its quality. Great FM signal and amazing DAB. Compared to the seperate aerials (the ones you stick on the windows) these splitter aerials which seperate the fm signal and the dab signal are the way forward. So can can now enjoy, DAB on my readio, FM,AM,Digital, CDs, MP3s from either a CD, SD Memory card or an MSS memory card. woohoo. Quality radio I have, al,l for £389.

Ford Fiesta

does it look neat the areial on the roof etc? take it the steering controls dont work now?

wont be able to do this on mine dont think as the base is much larger anyway of the aeriel for the renault navigation

Titanium Clio 182

Ive just replaced the old aerial and put the new DAB/FM aerial in its place.. Well i didnt do it, the peeps at Car Sound did.

Quote: Originally posted by mcyates on 10 September 2004Middlesbrough Car Sound (North Ormesby Road)

I know that place very well. Had some good systems fitted there :).
I think the owner (Andy) used to have a 172 many moons ago.

Titanium Clio 182

yeah he did. I had my last Radio fitted in their. Blaupunkt DAB52, they were amazed how good it sounded and what it could do. He said he was playing with it for ages. hahah. Very good place though to get anything audio fitted.

Does the ariel look different to the standard clio ariel?

Debating whether i should get a dual external ariel put on or to see if i can buy a internal windscreen one, as the car is brand new, sort of not want to mess anything up in if, if you know what i mean!

Stuart

Ford Fiesta

dab is poor reception in non urban areas though aint it? can you still recieve analogue too?