ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aerial connector identification

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Hi all,

Recently removed a factory satnav system from my 182. Because of this I'm now left without any signal for my radio as I presume it was getting it through the nav box.
I have these 2 connectors (top was going into box from aerial, bottom going into box from radio). I presume I need a female DIN to female ISO to join but I'm struggling to find this? I want to avoid using loads of connectors really to join them!
20200328_120556.jpg
20200328_120602.jpg

I also have a third cable from my aerial that I found disconnected in the sill trim, any idea what this is for? Is it to use instead of the above to connect to the radio if removing the nav? No idea what the connector is.
20200328_120626.jpg
20200328_120632.jpg

The aerial has 3 cables coming out of it as in the photo below.
20180707_122131.jpg

Not many of these cars have genuine satnav (42 iirc) so finding information on them is hard.

Thanks in advance!
Louis

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
That's just a normal aerial connector mate

Probably got the same loom across all of the range
Which? i have the standard DIN male cable from the radio, then the ISO male from the aerial.

Is the one that was disconnected the standard?

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Find someone breaking a standard 182 and use the standard aerial cable without buying weird connectors to join all of yours together mate

Unless any of them plug into each other?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Find someone breaking a standard 182 and use the standard aerial cable without buying weird connectors to join all of yours together mate

Unless any of them plug into each other?
None connect. I dont want change my aerial base really

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Found this on the interwebs.
1585598148063.png

I might be getting somewhere now. The connector at the very bottom looks identical to the one from the standard aerial. So you're probably right, buy the full length cable and just connect as normal.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
8200077690 appears to be the cable I need.

1585598780489.png

Wonder if the length is tucked away somewhere else or it's a different (Shorter) cable in the satnav system.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Silly french b******s🙄😂

Tbh a 1.2 aerial would work
I'm not wanting a new base haha, i reckon if I get a cable like this I can just plug and play and run it down behind the radio.

I could do with a cable like that with the female end so I can plug it into the disconnected one in the sill trim.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah and unbolting buckets ain't something that you want to just do every couple of days

Saying that, it's not like you need the car atm😂
I wonder why it has the random disconnected connector in the base. I always thought the GPS was in the base of the aerial (as its longer) but all cables just appear to be standard FM coax. Might need to research more.