ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aero Tweeks - Front Canards and Drilled Rear Bumper

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Because race car innit!

I have some canards I am fitting, these ones from eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-172-182-Canards-Aero-/281821806951?hash=item419de38167
Was going to copy the picture in them for placement, but what angle roughly? 45deg? Also drill the bumper for the rivets on the car? As I really cba to remove it if I have to.

And I want to drill a few holes in the rear bumper. What sizes have people got? And roughly what height? There is a small groove/indent in it, was thinking centre there, but not sure if that is too low. And drill on the car? As again I cba to remove the bumper but if I have to then I will.

I also know these additions will do minimal. But I don't care haha

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say 45 degrees is too steep, I'd say 15-30 would be ideal... But I doubt they'll actually be effective.

Have you thought into fitting a diffuser?
They are more for show really, but I sort of want them to look like they will do something!
Yes, I saw the one CM Composites make, it linked me when I was watching the canards on eBay, but it is a little too much really. I am not going to be chasing times, so it may be a waste of money. I could be tempted with one at a later stage.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
diy aerodynamicist... Love it. Post up some pics when they're on.

Ps I expect you already know they'll make no noticeable difference, fun though.
I'm expecting an extra 5.415bhp that will improve lap times by 3.814% 😂😂
Yes I know they will be doing nothing apart from looking cool. But I just didn't want to have them looking wrong and some square come up to me and say they are at the wrong angle to get maximum downforce thinking they are doing something!

Clio 172 2002
That actually looks awesome, Doubt it will make any difference ( Maybe even ruin the original aero, cars are tested in wind tunnels for a reason ) but for the money it looks cool enough.
please post pics ! also what material is it made of ?

Did you drill the bumper on the car?
Yeah, I don't see the benefit it taking it off anyway, it holds the bumper still for you.
But if your doing the front there is some plastic stuff behind the bumper that will need taking out tho, at least on a ph2 front end anyway :p
Good luck