ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After 18 months of Cup ownership...

Nissan R35 GT-R

...I have acquired the 4k rattle.

Is there really no fix for it because it sounds hideous! I have searched through previous threads and I will not accept that it cannot be fixed from Renault. If some people can fix it themselves then Renault have no excuses.

If they plead total ignorance to the common fault then what should I tell them it is, since everyone has blamed it on different things?

The car is booked in for the 17th.

Cheers - Laurence.

Renault Laguna Coupe

Middle box falling to bits inside. It sounds much nearer to the engine, but its the middle box between the cat and the backbox.

i had this on my car after only 3 months. replaced it with a magnex and that has sorted out about 80% of all the rattles i had.

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

I thought it was well known to be the centre section of the exhaust, I had mine replaced!

Is it a loud rattle? I have a sort of light metallic ticky noise from under the gear stick but Ive heard a lot of 172s make this noise.

MEGANE

when i took the cat off a small peice of weld fell out about the size of a pea!!!! it was trapped up stream of the cat, so would just rattle about!!

320d M Sport

welcome to the club Frosty!

weve all had it at one time or another.

best way is to just do a Telford-Mike ;)

Never had it on mine!! Had heat shield vibrations etc and the cat pipe snap at a dodgy weld but not this rattle.

Is it the baffles inside the box breaking down?? If so, surely the fix is to replace them / develope a new box with internals more up to the job??

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 07 March 2004

best way is to just do a Telford-Mike ;)
Cheers Paddy its a pleasure to be a part of such an un-exclusive group :D.

The Telford-Mike is a last resort!

Thanks for all your replies, Ill let you all know how I get on - my Renault dealers aftercare has been superb thus far so they might just fix it.