ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After a Clio 182 Cup

2007 Clio 197
Hi all,

I have an MGF at the moment, which i'm selling privately, once its sold im looking at buying a 182cup or a type-r. Need something that can carry servers about, which the MGF isnt exactly practical for, as well as still keeping the good, fun handling.

Any recommendations as to what MY i should be looking at or werent there any differences made? I do like the Trophy but prices seem a little keen on them at the moment. :dapprove:

Simon.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Do a search on the forum mate, there is ALOT of 182 cup vs 182 FF topics.

You will find alot of "The 182 cup is pointless" lines (not meaning to offend the cup owners)

Id suggest a 182 FF(182 with cup pack)
You get the nice interior, you get the slightly lower harder suspension the cup spoiler and spilter and the weight differance isnt massive.

2007 Clio 197
How bad are the interiors on the 182 Cup compared to the FF version?

Would you say the Cup version would hold its value better compared to the FF version?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Crap seats on the cups . I think they come from the dynamiques or billabongs lol .

I'd go for the newest car withinin your budget . i.e. if you can stretch to a 182FF i'd go for that imo .You might even get one with some warranty left on it .

None of them hold their value really , not even the Trophys .At the end of the day it's a tin box that ages and becomes a liability so they all depreciate .

GP2
I'd just go for the Type-R, if I could go back 3 years that's what I would have bought. That said, I still have the damn thing 3years on...

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
You wont like the interior of the 182 CUP. The 182 FF with cup packs is 20kg heavier but has all the toys and comforts, plus still handles just as well.

Clio 182.

Would you say the Cup version would hold its value better compared to the FF version?

The interiors are like those on the dynamique, so, rubbish.

Dont bother with a 182 Cup. Nobody wants them, so itll be harder to sell. If you really want a cup, get a 172, they are much more hardcore, and a fair bit lighter, unlike the 182 cup, which is a bit of a cop-out tbh.

SchwepTek™

The interiors are like those on the dynamique, so, rubbish.

Dont bother with a 182 Cup. Nobody wants them, so itll be harder to sell. If you really want a cup, get a 172, they are much more hardcore, and a fair bit lighter, unlike the 182 cup, which is a bit of a cop-out tbh.

Noone wants them hey? I could name at least 20 people with them on here!

Clio 182.
Hey, thats just my opinion. Theres no benefit to having a cup over a FF 182 in my opinion.

2007 Clio 197
Thanks for all the suggestions.

To be honest im not bothered about all the 'luxuries', not a fan of electronics in cars anyway.

Seats can always be fitted afterwards anyway cant they and that'd be the only thing im bothered about.

clio trophy No56

To be honest im not bothered about all the 'luxuries', not a fan of electronics in cars anyway.

Seats can always be fitted afterwards anyway cant they and that'd be the only thing im bothered about.

If your not bothered about the luxuries then hang out 4 a Trophy, you will probably get a high mileage one, (50k,ish), for about £7900 and they are well worth it.
Then again if you can afford that a FF182 with cup packs or a low mileage 172 cup will serve just as well.
The Trophy will hold it value 4 longer though.
I had a FF182 and moved to a Trophy which is much better in most ways, the engine is the same but the wheels look better, its got better seats, handles much better, looks better and you will have 1 of 500 ever made.:cool:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

If your not bothered about the luxuries then hang out 4 a Trophy, you will probably get a high mileage one, (50k,ish), for about £7900 and they are well worth it.
Then again if you can afford that a FF182 with cup packs or a low mileage 172 cup will serve just as well.
The Trophy will hold it value 4 longer though.
I had a FF182 and moved to a Trophy which is much better in most ways, the engine is the same but the wheels look better, its got better seats, handles much better, looks better and you will have 1 of 500 ever made.:cool:

Unless he goes to Switzerland the only other country they were released...

May i add that if i were in your shoes i would go for the CTR mate. First of all and probaly above all reliability and re-sale value are the plus points of ther Honda!
Im not saying the Reno's arent good cars because they are in there own ways and id have another in a minute! There good but i think the Honda's have the edge ever so slightly.

The reason i bought my Ph1 172 is that its past the point of serious deprication, so im not that bothred about what i get back on it!

The only thing i would say about the CTR is that fact you have to rev it hard to get the most out of it, VTEC @ 5600rpm, thats not going to be kind to the fuel!

Good man..Thats what im saying..
Not only can you go for a cheaper option with the cup.
They got all the extras included cup packs that is there quicker then a standard
182 which i dont care by how much peeps cry over it being a fart quicker
its still quicker.
plus the interior dont bother me at all..
The leather in the standard models they start to look proper shabby
after a while.Like i said before on the battle grounds with a few on here before
if i wanted luxuary i wouldnt have a 182 172 197 what ever number you wanna quote next at all,i would of gone for a different moter altogether..

Get what you prefer...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Screw the haters! Had a 182cup, as well as 2 ff 172's. Xenon's are nice, but not essential (and pricey if they break). Climate control is useless, preffered normal AC. Leather? Where? I assure you, no cows died in the making of those seats. When you're sat in the drivers seat, all you'll notice, is the dash is the same, and you've got a smaller (IMO better wheel) in front of you.

Hi all,

I have an MGF at the moment, which i'm selling privately, once its sold im looking at buying a 182cup or a type-r. Need something that can carry servers about, which the MGF isnt exactly practical for, as well as still keeping the good, fun handling.

Any recommendations as to what MY i should be looking at or werent there any differences made? I do like the Trophy but prices seem a little keen on them at the moment. :dapprove:

Simon.

what...:S

Peddled device
I've had a 172 Cup and now a 182 Cup.The seats are crap (got new 182 FF seats) and so is the steering wheel (got a 182 FF one on its way).

But the 182 Cup IS the better car if you're not planning on track days.It has ABS,ESP,TC and aircon.

As for all this weight stuff both are light compared to all the new hot hatches (197,Type R etc) and theres nothing in it performance wise......until it rains.Then the 182 Cup is the better place to be.

Love the 172 Cup...love the 182 Cup more!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I've had a 172 Cup and now a 182 Cup.The seats are crap (got new 182 FF seats) and so is the steering wheel (got a 182 FF one on its way).

But the 182 Cup IS the better car if you're not planning on track days.It has ABS,ESP,TC and aircon.

As for all this weight stuff both are light compared to all the new hot hatches (197,Type R etc) and theres nothing in it performance wise......until it rains.Then the 182 Cup is the better place to be.

But the cup one's smaller and thinner! Fancy selling it to me?

Peddled device

But the cup one's smaller and thinner! Fancy selling it to me?

If you want it then okay.It is worn where it is gripped (common fault) but okay otherwise.PM me an offer if you like...l have the seats as well.Could do a deal for the lot if you wanted?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Nope, got Recaros in the 172. I'll PM you leter on the wheel,still deciding wether to sell up or not (cue Recaro's for sale stampede)

My RB 182 Cup will shortly be for sale, it has "Gordini stripes", H & R coilovers, Speedline 2118's on Parada's, 29k and a great car.........suppose I should post this in cars for sale!

Both cars suck now TBH. They look old and feel fragile after 40k miles. Melting steering wheels or vinyl chair covers aside, they're the same car, except one was a bit cheaper new, and is cheaper second hand.

I have a Cup. If I could go back in time I'd probably have ordered a FF182 instead. If I could have gone forward in time I'd probably have bought something else entirely.

Elise 111R

Urm so you took the crap parts out of the 182 cup the steering wheel and seats (which made it lighter) and added the bits you bought your CUP to avoided and added 182 FF bits.... and you still dont get cruise control,climate control and have the added problem of selling it later for a good price?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Both cars suck now TBH. They look old and feel fragile after 40k miles. Melting steering wheels or vinyl chair covers aside, they're the same car, except one was a bit cheaper new, and is cheaper second hand.

I have a Cup. If I could go back in time I'd probably have ordered a FF182 instead. If I could have gone forward in time I'd probably have bought something else entirely.
Great post, constructive.

Urm so you took the crap parts out of the 182 cup the steering wheel and seats (which made it lighter) and added the bits you bought your CUP to avoided and added 182 FF bits.... and you still dont get cruise control,climate control and have the added problem of selling it later for a good price?

I have no idea what you just said, but if you were suggesting the 182Cup doesn't have cruise control, well, it does :)

Also, you gays crack me up when you bang on about the steering wheel :D The wheel is s**t in both Clios. Far too large for starters, but at least the Cup wheel doesn't fall apart if you use your hands on it ;)

2007 Clio 197

That doesnt fill me with confidence :(

That doesnt fill me with confidence :(

Don't get me wrong, the Clio is fantastic fun, but it's not a fantastic car. They're good cheap fun, but if you want build quality and a dealership network that at least pretends to give a s**t, then look elsewhere IMO :)