ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After care for detailed RB

RB & LY 182
i fully detailed the RB friday just gone spent 9 hours on the damn thing.

just 1 thing that i want advice on as im new to the detailing world.

were obviously few days after friday now and the car is still super clean also the weather is sh*te, the beeding in the rain is just excellent (love it)

What do people do to clean there car after a heavy detail?

do u just give it a light clean, e.g. light rinse with the jet wash then maybe the wash mitt with shampoo lighly over it or........(not sure)
Or is this just dependent on how much muck gets on it?

The friday clean consisted of

*Wash - Jet Wash, Snow Foam & washed with Megs shampoo with the megs washmitt

*Clay - The yellow cheap stuff from i4detailing with dodo lubricant

*Jet wash again then dried.

*Megs Step 1 paint cleaner

*AG Super RP

*AG Extra gloss sealent

*Megs Wax #16

Thank you

Steven

Bumder With A Buffer
Dont use a jet wash once you've washed it with shampoo...use an open ended hose to sheet off any water.

Then dry and use some quick detailer to bring back some shine...Depending on wax you may need to top that up at some point. But you will notice once it stops working as you'l stop sheeting.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just wash with non-stripping shampoo, something Like Dodo born to be mild.

2 bucket method and you won't undo all your hard work.

Top up with QD or another layer of wax once dried! :)

RB & LY 182
Dont use a jet wash once you've washed it with shampoo...use an open ended hose to sheet off any water.

Then dry and use some quick detailer to bring back some shine...Depending on wax you may need to top that up at some point. But you will notice once it stops working as you'l stop sheeting.

well the open ended hose is wot i use after shampoo just didnt know how to word it in the thread. lol
(well got one of them little yellow guns on the end)

QD ive got some of that demon shine that okay or should i get the propa stuff?

RB & LY 182
Just wash with non-stripping shampoo, something Like Dodo born to be mild.

2 bucket method and you won't undo all your hard work.

Top up with QD or another layer of wax once dried! :)
Cool makes sense thanks mate!

Bumder With A Buffer
Ewwww Demon shine!

I have no idea if that's good to be honest. I use finishkare ultra slick polywipe which is good.

Re the ph neutral shampoo what gally was on about, that's what u want to do but bear in mind that it all depends on the Ph value of your water to start with. Personally I have never bothered and just use born to be mild.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Richy is Finishkre like your wax top up after a heavy detail say after 2 weeks of washing?

Bumder With A Buffer
Yeah for now I use that to help dry and top up at the minute.

Really impressed with it for the price actually. I do like the britemax 6s stuff though that's awesome! Sack paying 13 quid for a little bottle though!

Il be doing a write up soon as the Monaco is getting some final detailing before being sold! :( (this includes touch-up and wet sanding!!!!)