ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After some advice. RE; 200 cup

Clio 200 Cup
I've just bought a clio 200 cup.
Would it benefit from a few simple mods. I've been looking on K-tec's website and there isnt really a lot of stuff for it.
the main thing's that caught my eye were the decat and cat back exhaust system aswell as the ITG intake (not panel filter)
would these give any benefits along with a remap?
cheers

Clio 200 Cup
I realise the gains will be minimal. I've just come from a turbo'd car and the potential on them are so good.
never had eny experience with N/A tuning. Was trying to find out what, if any mods apart from cams etc will benefit the car. Not neccesarily for optimal bhp figures but for a more even power band etc?
cheers

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
The remap will smooth out the power delivery for sure (if they know what there doing, ofcourse) anything else out side of Super/Turbo charging will see minimal gains, ITB's are obviously the next best thing for n/a engines but again i dont think they do them yet for the 200 if infact at all?

Clio 200 Cup
I havent seen any about as of yet mate no. K-tec claim a 7-10bhp gain from their stage1 remap with their own panel filter. Supercharger conversion is on the cards down the line (a long way down the line). I'm more interested in the handling side really but wanted to see what, if any, mods can improve power/ power delivery.
cheers for the info though pal

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Dont bother with a decat. Standard item is very free flowing (think sports cat as standard). Decatting will induce a lovely flat spot around 2k ish. Very hard to map out too!

I'd stick with remap from RS tuning in Leeds or TDF if down south. An exhaust if need be. Be warned, the ktec units are booooooooooooomy.

LY200
Exhaust, panel filter and a remap. Won't see much gain top end, as you say 7-10 brake. But the lower down power will be improved and makes it more drivable.

rs 200 cup
after spending lots and lots on cars in the past. i think my RS200 will be the first car that i just leave only :) it seems just right out the box.
if anything poss lower it and exhaust but for now i have no plans.
well just the roof dvd player for my son!

V6 255
Akrapovic exhaust and quaife LSD are the only mods I'd consider tbh. Maybe brakes if it was going to live on track

Clio 200 Cup
I have a 200 Cup and its the most balanced car I have ever driven. My last car was a 172 Cup and the 200 is so much easier to drive hard but still manages to be involving.

The only things I'd do would be to get rid of the annoying chattering noise when changing gear at high revs and to do something about the noisy gearbox.
Lastly, trace the phantom creak in the drivers seat.

FFS! Renault were so close to this car being perfect! My only real gripes are with odd noises.

As a side note, I'm considering a set of Mintex 1155 pads for trackday use.

260% JCW
I have a 200 Cup and its the most balanced car I have ever driven. My last car was a 172 Cup and the 200 is so much easier to drive hard but still manages to be involving.

The only things I'd do would be to get rid of the annoying chattering noise when changing gear at high revs and to do something about the noisy gearbox.

FFS! Renault were so close to this car being perfect! My only real gripes are with odd noises.

They were so close to it being perfect then they subcontracted the front end design to Stevie Wonder.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Interesting...

WTF is that noise when you change gear?? My wife thinks i'm going mad but I can definately hear it.

LY200
I'd love to know aswell!! Isnt it something to do with the butterfly in the throttle body? Something like that..

I have a R27. I have fitted V6 airbox, matched inlets and def improved drivability. The sound from the airbox is very addictive....Often the improvement is on the road and not on the dyno......

Clio 200 Cup
Totally agree with Roystinho, LSD is the way forward, might be worth adding some coilovers too.

I've already ordered some KW V3 coilovers. Quaife diff isnt a high prority at the moment. Just wanted to know what more could be done to improve the pick up of the car!
on a side note, if any one is interested in Quaife diff's, drop me a PM. I bought one for my astra vxr for £400. cheapest retail i could find was around £650. Theres a possibility i could sort out some more for cheap ;)