ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket Exhaust, Warrenty Issue.

Right, I was hoping to fit a Full Scorpion System to my Cup within the next few weeks, but whilst my missus was in Renault to pick something up this morning she asked if it would effect the warrenty. They said the warrenty would be void if anything other than a Renault part was fitted.

Is this correct, and have those who have fitted systems to their cars actually had trouble having Warrenty work done afterwards?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Never had any problems at all. Theyre probably right according to the letter of the law, but a good dealer will take a more reasonable view (e.g. how can an exhaust have caused your stereo to fail).

I really dont know what to do, I really want the exhaust fittting, but not if its gonna ruin my warrenty, as its still got 18months remaining.

itll void the warrenty of anything that the exhaust could make fail eg CAT or lambda !!

althoough if they wanted they could void the warrenty if they liked :sick:

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 26 April 2004
Never had any problems at all. Theyre probably right according to the letter of the law, but a good dealer will take a more reasonable view (e.g. how can an exhaust have caused your stereo to fail).

If I was the dealer I would say you turned the stereo up too loud to try and drown on the exhaust and blew the system.. muhahahaha :devilish:

Well under EU law any moddified part or affected part due to the mods which can be proved by them to be the reason for the need for warentyl work is invalid.

I know that doesnt make sence but if you put 80 mm lowering springs on the car and need electric warently work them they canot refuse it but if you need new shocks and they could prved the springs were the reason for failure then they can refuse.

Thats the wording of the lrules but garages dont want to have to keep getting a bad reputation for refusing work aor spending ages trying to anoy people so if they think they can get it past Renault under warently they they will.

An exhaust though should be no problem it cannot cause any problems

They told me that it would only affect the warranty for problems that they believe could have been caused the the exhaust/modified part too - not everything!!!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by _KDF on 26 April 2004

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 26 April 2004

a good dealer will take a more reasonable view (e.g. how can an exhaust have caused your stereo to fail).

If I was the dealer I would say you turned the stereo up too loud to try and drown on the exhaust and blew the system.. muhahahaha :devilish:
I can hear radio 3 perfectly well thank you!