ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Agression from online Gaming?

Not a 320d
I stopped playing COD4 or 5 or whatever it is were on now, about 2 months ago, simply due to the fact that i became aggressive towards my friends and family. Simple questions or requests became a difficult chore.

I feel far better and happier within myself now.

Dpoes anyone else have this problem?

mace¬

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio
lol, gamer rage.

Is this real? How do you mean aggressive? How many hours were you playing? You aren't going to shoot up a local school at some point are you?

1.2 clio
nah mate iv been playing it for a long time and never felt like that. mayb you have other things stressing you out and you think thats the problem

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
I stopped playing COD4 or 5 or whatever it is were on now, about 2 months ago, simply due to the fact that i became aggressive towards my friends and family. Simple questions or requests became a difficult chore.

dude. gamer rage ?! seriously? stop being nerdy. Life isnt all about trying to get 11 kils + ac - 130... well actually

Mk4 .:R32
I was watching supernanny the other day (cos there was f**k all else on)
and there was a lad on it who played upto 80 hours on some sh*t PC game. He had a seizure and his head fell in his tea hahaha.

I get gamer rage with c*nts who quit a game of FIFA right as the game has ended

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
I'm think the OP must've just been really crap at it as I play a fair amount and get no rage at all.

172 cup

The only way you'll get this out of your system is to play 24/7 and buy a gun and some swords.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
what would you say is excessive online gaming, i probly do around 2 hours a night, dont really get stressed unless my cat jumps on me whilst playing.

57 Clio Campus Sport
Definitely a sufferer of gamer rage. But only while on games.

Usually consists of:
Are you a fecking r****d?
You're a fecking r****d
Were you dropped on you're head as a baby?
You'd actually be more useful if you quit.
Etc

Last edited:
  Astra Twintop
I just scream at my team mates.

Normally a group of us all go on in one group, everyone gives each other some abuse.

I dont go launching my controller at the tv or anything like that

Fiesta ST-3
Haha I get gamer rage. The foul words that come out my mouth is unreal.... Then the misses hits me and whips me back into shape. I never feel the need to punch some one though lol.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I only do when it's clearly bollox what's happening on screen. A few harsh expletives and five seconds later, I'm fine again. :)

Makes me laugh when non-gamers call you sad/pathetic/grow-up etc, then they literally want to smash your phone to bits after 30secs of Peggle or Angry Birds.

Pot....kettle....black? ;)

D.

A red missile
I rang up Plusnet once and threatened to drive to Sheffield and kill everything that moved because my connection dropped and wouldn't come back on in the middle of a raid.

I often scream at randoms in PUG's if they're acting like noobs.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I rang up Plusnet once and threatened to drive to Sheffield and kill everything that moved because my connection dropped and wouldn't come back on in the middle of a raid.

I often scream at randoms in PUG's if they're acting like noobs.

You would have a job on because Northerners are 'ard.

I rage quit at Fifa last night.

Then evoked a royal rumble with my mate when I gave him a dead leg because I'd conceded in said game.

I had to stop playing MW2 after 6 prestige's because I got headaches from the constant gunfire and explosions I heard most days.

I did get rage and went through a few controllers but thats gaming. I got far too into it.

I had to stop playing MW2 after 6 prestige's because I got headaches from the constant gunfire and explosions I heard most days.

I did get rage and went through a few controllers but thats gaming. I got far too into it.

I've broken a couple over various consoles. Any remember that helicopter mission on GTA Vice City? I hated that.

Wireless ones make it even worse because there's no cable to stop them. Back in my old xbox/pro evo 4 days I used to get proper stroppy but the hefty controllers would damage things and I couldn't afford to replace them. So in an effort to stop myself, I would wrap the cable around my leg, so if I threw it, it just bounced into my shin. You soon stop doing it after that :eek:

S4 Avant
I lost track of the whole console thing after my gamecube. I do remember playing lots and lots of GTA3 day in day out though, I'd walk to school and be paranoid about cars mounting the pavement and running me over, did wierd s**t to me.

My brother now spends every waking minute on call of duty talking to himself. Pisses me off seeing him sat there getting fat, doing f*ck all, anytime I walk in the house.

Astra Twintop
I lost track of the whole console thing after my gamecube. I do remember playing lots and lots of GTA3 day in day out though, I'd walk to school and be paranoid about cars mounting the pavement and running me over, did wierd s**t to me.

My brother now spends every waking minute on call of duty talking to himself. Pisses me off seeing him sat there getting fat, doing f*ck all, anytime I walk in the house.

Kick his ass!

And it will only get worse come 9-11-10......................

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Is this real? People get wound up by it?

I just turn it off, i never really play it longer (cod) more than 40 minutes 3-4 times a week, i feel it helps me relax more than get up tight :eek:

Although i do swear alot at it, but i often laugh when i cant melee the other player quick enough and it turns into a ball room waltz with knives lol

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I used to play WoW obsessively, raiding 6 nights out of 7. I'd be tired, and stroppy - my GF would get so pissed off. Family got it in the neck, hated working etc. Now I've quit playing, it's gone.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
every1 rage quits. lag is my biggest gripe, winds me up cos im so competitive but doesnt effect my life in anyway.

Jap Box
Always pisses me off, ive given up on it now, get into a game on MW2 after good 5mins of waiting for the s**t connection to work, then get some campers everywhere being fags. Learnt to just quit completely now, not worth the £100's ive spent replacing smashed up ps3 controllers

133T
If my mum ever interrupts me whilst I'm on a mega kill streak she gets put in a head lock and might even be suplexed.

Last edited:
  BMW E34 540i
hmm I get relaxed from online gaming. Coming home from work pissed as fok - 1h of playing couple of head shots and everything is great again.

Never above 25mpg
I'd say being better at a game stops rage. I get massive rages. Broken about 3 360 controllers, 2 TV remotees, 3 or 4 PS2 controllers in my time... My wireless cocking up does give me time to destress though.

A red missile
You would have a job on because Northerners are 'ard.

Born in'tuddersfield and live in that Bratfud, that makes me double hard apparently ;)

I had a spell in the sarf eeeeest - was full of pansies that drank white wine and thought mens bottoms were designed to be penetrated.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say being better at a game stops rage. I get massive rages. Broken about 3 360 controllers, 2 TV remotees, 3 or 4 PS2 controllers in my time... My wireless cocking up does give me time to destress though.

I wouldn't even DREAM of playing online via wireless - cables FTW! And that goes for both controllers and the internet connection.

It is weird how certain things bug me online. I can get totally owned (like 6/13 K/D just on BC2 now) and not be bothered. But at other times, I can be on 18/1 or something daft and be getting a bit worked up - lol. Like I said before, just when pure bollox onscreen happens is the key trigger for me. Burst after burst at someone who quickly turns and fire one bullet from a pistol and you die - that kind of crap.

I also get annoyed at "OWNED" "Piss easy" "N00bs" comments at the end of the game - even ones from my own team. It's just overtly sad in a childish way. Grow up, FFS.

D.