ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Con

Renault Clio 172
Hi all,

Went to give me air con its weekly blast today on the cold setting, and it's not getting as cold as normal.

When I switch the air con on, I can hear the click from the engine bay which I presume is some sort of thermostat, so I know that it is switching on ok. But it's not getting cold.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers.

182FF
Could simply need re-gassing. Which cost about £50. Halfrauds do re-gassing aerosols but not sure how good/easy they are to use.

www.renparts.co.uk
take it somewhere decent and get it regassed, you have probably got a small leak somewhere. The click you hear is the compressor kicking in, so thats eliminated it from been the compressor not powering up.

PH1 172 Sport
I was under the impression that the aircon only gets very cold above a certain temperature?

You can run it on hot once a week you know to keep the seals lubricated if thats what your trying to acheive

Renault Clio 172
I was under the impression that the aircon only gets very cold above a certain temperature?

You can run it on hot once a week you know to keep the seals lubricated if thats what your trying to acheive

Yeh, that is what I mean. I know someone with a 182 who never uses his Air Con and it has seized up.

I went to Renault earlier, and they wanted £60 for a re-gas. Ended up in Kwik-Fit, only charged £25 and it is nice and cold now :)

PH1 172 Sport
Thats good. I meant you dont have to have the aircon on cold to lubricate it as long as its on it doesnt matter if it blowing out hot or cold air. When you use the car in the winter its a good thing to have on if your screen has steamed up.

Renault Clio 172
Well as I said, I got the air con re-gassed yesterday.

Im pretty sure that i've got a leak on it, as it is not as cold as it was yesterday. How can I tell if i've got a leak?

Would they have realised this when they re-gassed it?