ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air conditioned glove box

320d
Who here has an air conditioned glove box?

My car has the hole where the glove box can be air conditioned blocked off with a blue cap. My car is a 2005 extreme 4 same spec as the campus sport.

A lad i know has an 8v campus with optional air con and his glove box is Ac'd.

Is it simple a case of removing the blocking cap or does my car not have the correct plumbing for this, would just be good for summer to have the glovebox cooled for long journeys to stop snacks getting melted and keeping drinks cool etc.

thanks lads

320d
well i'm getting contridicting info here, anyone know for certain, no disrespect to those who have awnsered of course.

DC5
Wouldn't have thought it'd be as simple as just removing the blue cap, else surely they would just make all glove boxes AC'd if it was that simple?!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
My Megane has a box in the top corner the always blow cold air through, don't think it's actually AC'd unless you have it AC switched on though.

Overwise you be driving within the AC working all the time just to cool a glovebox?!?!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Move blue cap, turn AC right up for 5 mins, put hand in glovebox. There's your answer:)

320d
i'll give it a try on the way to work then, obviously it wont work without AC on but it would be nice in summer incase of any road trips etc.

BMW M135i
Its just another little heater vent afaik, so whatever temp you have the heater set too is what comes out the glovebox vent. So can be warming too.

RS Clio 182
You don't have the kit for it to work. It's a complete ball ache to retro fit!

Simple as...

It's a complete b*****d to re-fit. Not long after getting the car I had a "fiddle about" in the glovebox and loosened the housing then the pipe leading from the airbox came off :( Then trying to re-fit it I broke the clip to the housing that fits in the back of the glovebox :mad: Eventually after obtaining new part I re-fitted it. Word of caution - you need to be a contortionist to completely re-fit the whole assembly ..... pulled a muscle in my neck to prove it!

Well I tried it, it blows the same temp as the heaters into the glove box.

Would never have known if it wasn't brought up!! Will be useful in summer.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
I found out the hard way. Left a choc in ther a few weeks ago, the blue flap was open a little, melted it! No normal choc either, some stuff my cousin had bought back from the states.
But on a lighter note, Summer should be good!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Perfect for keeping chocolate bars in the glovebox.... as long as someone is in the car... and the engine is running..... and the air con is on...

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
You don't have the kit for it to work. It's a complete ball ache to retro fit!

Simple as...

It's a complete b*****d to re-fit. Not long after getting the car I had a "fiddle about" in the glovebox and loosened the housing then the pipe leading from the airbox came off :( Then trying to re-fit it I broke the clip to the housing that fits in the back of the glovebox :mad: Eventually after obtaining new part I re-fitted it. Word of caution - you need to be a contortionist to completely re-fit the whole assembly ..... pulled a muscle in my neck to prove it!

Just been out to check mine, is it the rectangular hole at the back right? If so then I have no cap on it and it just goes into the footwell and I can feel a pipe with foam on it behind it. I'm guesing this is what yours was like after it broke?
Oh well If it only works at the same temp as the rest of the car then if I leave my drinks in the footwell (or anywhere in the car)they will be just as cold:cool:

RS Clio 182

Just been out to check mine, is it the rectangular hole at the back right? If so then I have no cap on it and it just goes into the footwell and I can feel a pipe with foam on it behind it. I'm guesing this is what yours was like after it broke?
Oh well If it only works at the same temp as the rest of the car then if I leave my drinks in the footwell (or anywhere in the car)they will be just as cold:cool:

Yep its back right as you look into the glovebox (housing). The blue cap, which is oval can be turned in order to open the vent. The pipe leads up the rear of the glovebox from the rear of the housing towards top left of the engine bay and connects with a nozzle. You can remove the blanking plate which is centre rear of the glovebox which enables a bit easier access but in order to connect the hose to the nozzle requires positioning yourself in the footwell in a position I can't possible describe .... oh and a torch is essential and .... a helluva lot of patience!

320d
It works without any connecting up :D its just nice to ahve the feature incase u ever want it. A lot of manufactorers do it now.

RS Clio 182
Blue cap in open position. Turn to right to close.

Image001.gif

320d
Mk2 Ph2's that have air con dont have an ac'd glovebox, ph3's onwards do.

My 2005 Mk2 PH2 has the AC'd glove box. I think you'll find the ones that are 04 on with the slight revisions i.e. alloys digital fuel and temp guages so have it.

Blue cap in open position. Turn to right to close.

Image001.gif

Ah ok, cheers bud ;)

What car is that picture from ?

As my 172 doesn't have that :(

I guess its just a pipe tapped into one of the air vent ducts routed to the glovebox is it ?