ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air conditioning refresh

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Right, my aircon hasn't worked since I bought the car and seeing as we get proper summers here in Poland I really would like it to work.

My only clue is that it's missing? some seals or something, which a mechanic noticed when he pulled my engine out to do the belts and a clutch.

Something happens when I press the A/C button in the car so I presume something is engaging.

I've got myself what I think are all the correct seals to replace everything, and also some oil which is apparently required. Obviously I'll take it somewhere to have it pressure tested and re-gassed afterwards.

Explain to me like I'm an idiot (which shouldn't be hard) which pipes need taking off, how I remove them, is removing the bumper enough to access them all, how I check the oil level, and where do I fill up the oil?

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Be prepared for a fucked condenser
I'm prepared for anything
200.gif

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
As above id get a condenser for it as they are cheap.

You have 2 lines coming from the bulkhead to the compressor and condenser and then one pipe linking the 2.

There are various size oring seals on each joint (I just use universal kits with loads of seals in a box)

Id replace the condenser and the onrings on those pipes, then just leak test the rest as very rarely have I seen one leak, it's always holes in condensers.

A garage will then leak test it using nitrogen by pressuring the system and spraying soapy water over all the joins looking for bubbles, if good they will then vacuum and recharge the system

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've reinstalled the whole airconditioning system again myself on my Clio and it's pretty easy.

As above make sure to have a seal kit handy and some pag 46 oil. Clean connections, oil seals and put everything together as it came out. Don't over torque the bolts that hold pipes together.

Replace condenser and dryer at the same time which does require bumper to be off.

I believe a new pump comes prefilled with 150ml of oil and part replacements come with specific oil amounts (30 for condensor and 15ml for dryer rings a bell). I think I just dropped 200 ml in and bolted it all up.

My last post in there has some additional info.