ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Filter - Clio 1.2 16v

you want to be careful with an oper filter like the px because if its put near the engine it will more than likely just suck in warm air which will actually cause you to loose power.

so id go for a closed ik like the viper.

do ktec do a ramcharger ik for a 1.2? i dont think they do thats wot i got on my 1.4 its closed and makes a wicked noise

u can get universal filters i believe so at a gues if u got a relocation pipe u could fir wot filter u liked on the end so long as it would fit the end of the pipe

right, time to clear this up

i had a pipercross vector filter fitted to the relocation pipe, that as removed, then replaced with a k&n for testing purposes (which fitted), that was removed very shortly after (crap filter) and replaced with an s-spec stainless filter, this also fitted the end of the relocation pipe

so from my experience all filters designed for the 1.2 16v will fit the end of the relovation pipe

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 31 March 2004

right, time to clear this up

i had a pipercross vector filter fitted to the relocation pipe, that as removed, then replaced with a k&n for testing purposes (which fitted), that was removed very shortly after (crap filter) and replaced with an s-spec stainless filter, this also fitted the end of the relocation pipe

so from my experience all filters designed for the 1.2 16v will fit the end of the relovation pipe
But which was best??? I got the one K-tec supply, the 1 that looks similar to a K&N...Are these Pants?

the filter i stuck with was the s-spec, got to say i never had any problems with it at all, to my knowledge fred is still running his s-spec, so again, musnt have had any complaints about quality from him

its a matter of personal choice, but IMHO the best filter was the s-spec

the s-spec is only available from halfords @ £99.99

it is made by pipercross specifically for halfords

And you would recommend this over other filters?

I ask because I have been looking into which one to get for my 1.2, along with a relocation kit.