ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Filter/ Exhaust - MPG Difference?

RB Clio 197
HI All,

I'm fairly new on here, but got my 197 RS about a month ago now (56 plate).
I currently do 24.2mpg, and there are no mods on to the engine. But was wondering If I got a K&N (Or similar) panel filter and S/S Exhaust, (Probably scorpion as had a Group N on my old Pug 106), would it affect my MPG any worse? Or would a re-map make an improvment on it at all?

Cheers!

RB Clio 197
Yeah I try and drive economic as much as I can but still cant seem to make the mpg any better :(

Get it services regular anyway ! Driving style and the where you drive does have a massive impact ! 197s have bad fuel Eco anyway! Conpares to 182s same engine more weight ! It's never going to be amazing on fuel !

My 182 varies from 24-34 depends entirely how you drive it and where you drive it! the traffic at work is a killer! I can sit in miles of traffic at work that doesn't help!

Since I fitted my exhaust and air filter I noticed no decrease , I noticed a small drop when the decat was fitted , but I still think it was more to do with me wanted to drive it more lol !

Is now increased with my RS tuner map ! I reckon I average 28-30 now !

Get it services regular anyway ! Driving style and the where you drive does have a massive impact ! 197s have bad fuel Eco anyway! Conpares to 182s same engine more weight ! It's never going to be amazing on fuel !

My 182 varies from 24-34 depends entirely how you drive it and where you drive it! the traffic at work is a killer! I can sit in miles of traffic at work that doesn't help!

Since I fitted my exhaust and air filter I noticed no decrease , I noticed a small drop when the decat was fitted , but I still think it was more to do with me wanted to drive it more lol !

Is now increased with my RS tuner map ! I reckon I average 28-30 now !

I get 37-40mpg every time in my 182 (decat exhaust , air filter and rs tuner map) .... I must be getting old lol

I get 37-40mpg every time in my 182 (decat exhaust , air filter and rs tuner map) .... I must be getting old lol

Haha I prefer experienced driver mate lol

It's all about the driving , I openly admit I don't drive economical, but I'm sure it's capable although yours is very impressively high , do you go above 2,000 rpm ? ;) lol

​!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Missed a few ;) lol

Last edited: