ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

air filter

mk2 172

i noticed this week my car has had the same filter for 20k at least, would this hinder performance? worst thing is that apparently i need to remove the battery to get into my airbox cos of the screws and my cat 1 goes off cos i have no buzzer shut off key. so i have booked in for a new alarm which is just under 300 quid...ouch. main question tho, would a clogged up sh*tty filter slow me down??

ta

craggy

Skoda Fabia vRS

yes, seein as your supposed to change em every 6k, id be interested in seein what one thats gone 20k looks like !

BMW 320d Sport

Mate you can do it without taking the battery off. As long as you dont mind skinning your knuckles!

It is a hassle but it can be done, Ive got it down to a 5 minute job.

Craggy, i took the standard air box off on my clio 2 to put ak&n element filter... its a pain to get the bottom clip undone.. other than that its piss... no battery to take off... just unclip clips.. unscrew the 3 bolts and it comes off.