ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

airbag and service light on

i have a 172 clio sport and the airbag and service light keep going on and off the wires under the seat have already been jointed to bypass the plug as that is a common fault im told could it be anything else ?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
It is more than likley to be the wires under the seat.

Have they been soldered together? Id snip them and get a choc bloke or conector and re wire them together. mines was on for ages. 2 minute fix tbh!

Common fault you could have searched

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=108607

Seat belt warning light

The SERV and AIRBAG lights come on its a common problem (almost every has it) its due to the wiring of the pretensioners going to an open circuit. Fiddle with the wires under the seat an the problem will go away.
On the early cars the solution is to look under each of the seats. You will see a grey connector.
On the passenger side disconnect it and cut the Blue and Brown wires off both sides. Then solder the Blue wire to blue, and the Brown to the other brown. Make sure you use insulating sleeves over the soldered connections..
Under the driver seat there are two pairs of wires in the grey connector.. Only cut the Blue and Brown wires and solder them together as above.. Reconnect the connector..
On the facelift cars it is ONLY the passenger side connector that is affected.. So again cut and solder the Blue and brown wires.

this problem is discussed all the time though.

Racing blue 182
no its just telling you you have a problem, dont think they have a service light as such

Monaco 172 (5/468)
I had this, after my wires had been sorted, took it to the stealers. replaced the block where all the wires meet job done..

tried everything still no luck had the top off the dash of today to see if any connectors were lose no joy any one no of anything anything else?